Have you ever given information about ark that you knew to be false?

sjskdjkfa

Are you willing to take a polygraph? Lol... I swear there's like a hundred times I've seen people swearing up and down but they are both saying opposite things and both saying they tested it. I'm sure there's been times where it's just a thing that because it's hard to glean the info someone tested differently, and they both believe what they are saying. Another possibility is there is glitchy programming and the game actually behaved differently. But I'd swear some of you are just devious and want to sow confusion. And with ark 1 allegedly nearing end of life, are any of you devious types now willing to admit your sins?

And I'll start. When gen1 first came out my old tribe mate kept telling people that Leedsichthys was capable of destroying ocean platforms, even after we observed one destroy some rafts and totally ignore the nearby platforms. He told me the ocean was filling up super fast and wanted less people to build in the ocean so he was intentionally scaring people, and I saw several other people in global at the time say they could... but perhaps that was just the misinformation spreading like it does. 

I once told a friend that ARK is fun.    <cue rim shot>

To your question, yes, but not for realsies. I've given plenty of misinformation to friends and tribe mates as little jokes but only if it's not important and would not lead to a significant loss of time/dinos/materials.

Tribe Mate: "Wow look at the holiday colors on that Alpha Rex."

Me: "WildCard has made them tameable as part of the holiday event, you should give it a shot."

...hilarity ensues.

Even here on the forums there have been a few jokes here and there, but it was darned obvious from the context that they were jokes.

18 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I've never told a Bob to go passive tame a tickle chicken.

Why wouldn't you? A tickle chicken should be your very first tame, since they can protect you from just about anything you'll encounter. Just make sure to wear no armor, since sound aggravates them. Don't forget to wait for them to do their little animation, then start feeding them thatch. You can use the same technique on those big glowing raptors you see around the place. They're super powerful, but they're always surrounded by regular raptors. That red glow really just means they're nicer than regular raptors, who will tear you to shreds in seconds.

14 hours ago, 1nc0mp3t3nc3 said:

I once said it was possible to KO tame a 150 Bronto using only a slingshot and no gateway traps

Still haven't seen anyone survive the challenge

lol dododex has it grayed out with high chance of death, so if a person was reaaaaly commited to  the challange they'd shoot 1k pluss shots and just murder the tame

I have read on wiki that you use mejorbery to tame herbivore as it prefer mejo more than other beries.

Later i found that mejorbery is only bery  that herbivores dont want to eat and  it  always remain in  trough.

A lot of info from other players can be false due constant game updates and fixes.

Well i could sel a newcomer an egg and fertilizer to apply on egg and then try to push it in cube too.

Earth is flat.

19 hours ago, Noa said:

I have read on wiki that you use mejorbery to tame herbivore as it prefer mejo more than other beries.

Later i found that mejorbery is only bery  that herbivores dont want to eat and  it  always remain in  trough.

The logic for taming and for feeding are different.

Mejoberries are in fact the preferred berry to use when taming herbivores (obviously kibble is better, but we're just comparing berries-to-other-berries).

The reason they leave mejoberries in the trough is that mejoberries have more food value than other berries, and animals always eat the food with the lowest food value first. All berries have the same food value for survivors (1.5 food per berry) but they have different food values for animals.

https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Mejoberry "When eaten by a tamed dino or while taming, it gives 30  Food units."

https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Amarberry "When eaten by a tamed dino or while taming, it gives 20  Food units." (Same with tintoberries and azulberries).

So... when berries are in the trough the herbivores eat the amar/azul/tinto-berries first, because they have 20 food value each, and then the only eat the mejoberries with 30 food value after all of the amar/azul/tinto-berries are gone. This is the same reason why carnivores will eat raw fish before they eat raw meat. Lowest food value always gets eaten first.

You are right but is not that the point. After years of playing i know  food values and how  creatures are programed to act but an newcomer must read wiki a lot of times  to get (if) it.

For example let see  info an newcomer could find on wiki in past. Argentavis can pick wild animals. First thing newcomer  have to learn that there is big difference between singe player and multiplayer game. After that newcomer have to find and read hidden info that argy can do it only in pvp. And that is not enough as in past argy could pick up dodo also in pve what was disabled with an update after years of gameplay. So telling someone in game that his argy can pick up a dodo is full lie - not intentional lie but because you are not aware of that particular game update.

12 hours ago, Noa said:

You are right but is not that the point. After years of playing i know  food values and how  creatures are programed to act but an newcomer must read wiki a lot of times  to get (if) it.

For example let see  info an newcomer could find on wiki in past. Argentavis can pick wild animals. First thing newcomer  have to learn that there is big difference between singe player and multiplayer game. After that newcomer have to find and read hidden info that argy can do it only in pvp. And that is not enough as in past argy could pick up dodo also in pve what was disabled with an update after years of gameplay. So telling someone in game that his argy can pick up a dodo is full lie - not intentional lie but because you are not aware of that particular game update.

Ok so... ARK is complicated, I think everyone here will agree with that. Now what on earth does that have to do with the OP's question?

He wasn't asking about complications, he wasn't talking about patches, he wasn't talking about unintentional lies, he specifically asked for whether people have told intentional lies, information "that you knew to be false".

Now you know that in future when ever you decide to cite or link wiki could be intentional lie.

Yes is complicated and  im sure that OP know the answer on his own question, it happen all the time.

Or maybe all readers believe that Earth is flat still. 

Or maybe someone want to try to fertilize egg with fertilizer and then  start to push it in cube?

1 hour ago, Noa said:

Now you know that in future when ever you decide to cite or link wiki could be intentional lie.

No, a mistake on the wiki is an un-intentional mistake, a non-intentional error, they are not intentional lies.

Intentional means you did it on purpose, you knew were you were lying when you said it, mistakes and lies are not the same thing.

The OP was not asking about mistakes, he was asking about lies. Again, two different things.

1 hour ago, Noa said:

Yes is complicated and  im sure that OP know the answer on his own question, it happen all the time.

No, he did not know the answer to he own question because he was not asking about mistakes, he was not asking about information being wrong because of patches or because of errors on the wiki. He was asking if anyone deliberately gave wrong answers to other people to lie to them or to trick them on purpose.

I get the feeling that your response is the result of a translation error, it seems like maybe English is not your native language. I'm not saying that to criticize you, or to make fun of you, or to make you feel bad. If I was looking at forums in other languages there are many things I would misunderstand.

If you tell us what your native language is then we might be able to use a translator to help explain this better.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived