What became of...

NightSnake

4 hours ago, NightSnake said:

Does anyone remember back when they made Drakes breedable that they (WC) were going to start making 2 or 3 dinos a month breedable until eventually everything was?

What ever happened to this?  I really would like for Griffins and Basilisk to breed. 

I don't recall WC ever saying that they are going to do that I don't know where you got that from.

Found it.

Community Crunch 10/8/21

We do plan to make some more currently un-breedable creatures breedable in the future so stay posted if your favorite isn't included in this one!

Maybe it was someone in the response that mentioned all of the non breedable creatures, but, I haven't seen any of them get changed.

• Volunteer Moderator

I'm wondering how:

1 hour ago, NightSnake said:

"We do plan to make some more currently un-breedable creatures breedable in the future"

Equates to:

3 hours ago, NightSnake said:

they (WC) were going to start making 2 or 3 dinos a month breedable until eventually everything was?

That's not what I was saying.  There was a discussion on Cedric's twitter.  But it's been a year and between the other people's responses and Cedric's replies, I don't recall who said what.  This was said however.

This is why I asked if anyone remembered this.

Didn't realize I'd get bashed for asking a question.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, NightSnake said:

That's not what I was saying.  There was a discussion on Cedric's twitter.  But it's been a year and between the other people's responses and Cedric's replies, I don't recall who said what.  This was said however.

This is why I asked if anyone remembered this.

Didn't realize I'd get bashed for asking a question.

You're not getting bashed. You've just had two questions asked of you from two people.

I have heard nothing , or read anything about more animals being opened up to breeding.

I'd assume, nothing else will come of it.   Unless they make the reward from defeating the final boss there breedable, that would make some sense to me since they already have genders assigned.

My guess is that the other animals that have no gender would most likely not end up being bred.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2022 at 11:13 PM, NightSnake said:

Does anyone remember back when they made Drakes breedable that they (WC) were going to start making 2 or 3 dinos a month breedable until eventually everything was?

What ever happened to this?  I really would like for Griffins and Basilisk to breed. 

I'm no expert on this game but I'm fairly certain u can't breed a Griffin and basilisk with each other. But what do I know I've never tamed a basilisk so maybe these 2 mythical creatures can have it away and create some kind of flying snake. 😉

Objectively speaking, which creatures do we want to make breedable here? After the Wyverns, I kind of lost track as those were of major interest to me. While I don't like insects, those became breedable as well.

Honest question, are there any cool non-breedable creatures left? I am taking a short coffee break, and its been a busy day for me, I do have a feeling I am missing a couple for sure. 

Thanks!

EDIT: Just read the post above about Griffon and Basilisk, yeah, Griffins are cool.

I would prefer seeing them fix aberrant dimorphodons breeding so that the eggs are aberrant and not regular dimorphodons.   

After that, theres;  Astrocetus, Basilisk, Karkinos, Rock Elementals, Enforcer, Mek, Exo-mek, Griffin, Phoenix, Zombie Wyvern, Fenrir, and Noglin.

We can assume Reapers are pointless to include unless they were going to let us breed them with wild queens that we would then have to use to impregnate ourselves.  This sounds much more massive of an undertaking than would be reasonable to hope for.

I'll edit in any more I forgot.  I can't think of any more at the moment.

1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

Mek

Imagine Mek breeding...

Rock Elementals

Rock elementals are terrifying enough already. Imagine a max health and melee mutation rock elemental...*shudder*

Phoenix

Phoenix breeding would be sick. If you got some nice color mutations...

23 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

After that, theres;  Astrocetus, Basilisk, Karkinos, Rock Elementals, Enforcer, Mek, Exo-mek, Griffin, Phoenix, Zombie Wyvern, Fenrir, and Noglin.

We can assume Reapers are pointless to include 

Titanoboa. Beetle. Giant Bee. 

And some little: Leech Lamprey Coelacanth Piranha Salmon Trilobite

Special: Stryder. Liopleurodon. Titans. Titanosaur. 

Other dino are not tamable.

22 minutes ago, CervantesMor said:

Titanoboa. Beetle. Giant Bee. 

And some little: Leech Lamprey Coelacanth Piranha Salmon Trilobite

Special: Stryder. Liopleurodon. Titans. Titanosaur. 

Other dino are not tamable.

Thank you for that. 

I'd say the titans obvious they wouldn't even be up for consideration.  

The Lioplurodon would be hillarious if they made it breedable.  Because it wouldn't matter if it could, I would have an 8 hour+ gestation time and it disappears after 30 minutes.

The different fish are in the why not category, they let you breed snails, why not leeches.

The giant bee kind of falls into that reaper category, we tame the queen bee, but have no control over any male bees needed to breed to it.

The stryder would be so darn cool to breed baby stryders, and while we are at it - I wouldn't mind breeding hover skiffs for weight mutations.

The beetle though, they definitely don't want us breeding them for weight mutations.  I'm pretty sure no matter what level they are their weight is pretty much the same.  They let all other bugs breed but not this one, that was a design choice when they made them breedable.

Honestly the only thing that really chaps my arse about not being breedable is the fenrir considering the sheer amount of effort it takes just to get a single one. Multiple boss battles and a ton of rune collecting for what is at the end of the day a subpar trophy tame you can never take out for any real work is just a spit in the face. Griffins would be nice too seeing as they're among the last of the OG tames to not get a breeding status, but after the advent of desmodus I've sort of lost interest in them.

35 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Honestly the only thing that really chaps my arse about not being breedable is the fenrir considering the sheer amount of effort it takes just to get a single one. Multiple boss battles and a ton of rune collecting for what is at the end of the day a subpar trophy tame you can never take out for any real work is just a spit in the face. Griffins would be nice too seeing as they're among the last of the OG tames to not get a breeding status, but after the advent of desmodus I've sort of lost interest in them.

100% agree, those 2 are the most qualified candidates for breeding. 

I couldn't agree more.  The Griffin is not some epic tame anymore, even if we could breed and min max their mutations.  The Fenrir is pointless to use w/ no mutating.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2022 at 12:24 PM, CosmicSkeleton said:

At the very least make it so you can clone Fenrir.  I only use mine for storing nameless venom and milk since it will store for little over a day.  But using it...I don't dare let it get killed.

Archived