Server Heave Inquiries

5 hours ago, kc3 said:

Be careful with this server. There are alot of alpha tribes and it can get harry quick. Also.. almost all of the good places are spoken for. Server was up and down alot. (that could be arks fault.) The guys that run it are good guys and they have fun events but i feel like alot of new people are just bait for the others. 

Kc3 we dont bait people. We recently had a drop in players now since school has started back again so we are looking for active players. I understand you would like the best place on the map but that's not always good because someone will most likely take it from you. If you need any help with finding a good spot let me know i know alot of them that arent taken. The center map is so big you can always find a good place. We only have 2 alpha tribes which are neutral and we have a strict policy of big guys messing with the little guys. If a small tribe gets attacked by a alpha tribe that alpha tribe will learn a lesson. If this is the case with you please let us know asap and we will handle them.  

Our server does crash but it has been found that all dedicated servers crash at the same time and this is most likely xboxs issue. We do our best to get it back up asap and we usually have it back up within an hour and sometimes as low as 5 minutes. 

If you would like to get to know all the great people we have in our server try joining our groupme. We have all the alpha tribes there and they are extremely helpful in case you need something. You can join from the link on our twitter, ark forum, or website. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been in the group me for a while now and there has been helpful people. But there have been issues as well. (Waiting 4 hrs for server to come back up during peak time)  I have since moved to a new server that has been very helpful with great ping and good places to build.  I have been building there for 2 weeks now with no interruptions of service or Xbox dashboarding. 

I'm sure you guys are great but with the purge its my opinion that it is very tough to stay alive without getting wiped as a new tribe. We got wiped by skynet. 

I hope the next update fixes some of the issues you are having. And the game becomes more stable with lower ling and less lag. 

My advice to the admins would be to keep your player base lower to keep the ping down. Nothing more frustrating than hitting a tree for 10 seconds only to get teleported across the map where you were 5 min ago. And put purge in your title so it dosnt look like ORP all the time. 

To new players- get a ptaranadon quick and survey the area. Almost every island has something on it. All of the ruins are taken. And admins have some of the best spots ( as they should). If you can find a good place stay and have fun but prepare for the purge. You could most likely be the target.

Hopefully the admins take this info and make the server even better. 

19 hours ago, kc3 said:

I have been in the group me for a while now and there has been helpful people. But there have been issues as well. (Waiting 4 hrs for server to come back up during peak time)  I have since moved to a new server that has been very helpful with great ping and good places to build.  I have been building there for 2 weeks now with no interruptions of service or Xbox dashboarding. 

I'm sure you guys are great but with the purge its my opinion that it is very tough to stay alive without getting wiped as a new tribe. We got wiped by skynet. 

I hope the next update fixes some of the issues you are having. And the game becomes more stable with lower ling and less lag. 

My advice to the admins would be to keep your player base lower to keep the ping down. Nothing more frustrating than hitting a tree for 10 seconds only to get teleported across the map where you were 5 min ago. And put purge in your title so it dosnt look like ORP all the time. 

To new players- get a ptaranadon quick and survey the area. Almost every island has something on it. All of the ruins are taken. And admins have some of the best spots ( as they should). If you can find a good place stay and have fun but prepare for the purge. You could most likely be the target.

Hopefully the admins take this info and make the server even better. 

Please understand the only way that is possible is if you have moved to an official server. All Non-Offical Dedicated Servers crash at the same time.We usually have it back up within an hour and sometimes as fast as 5 minutes but sometimes if the server holder isn't home it may take longer.

Please remember the good the purge does. If you cant handle getting kicked down and fighting your way back up then I believe you should look in to another game or maybe a PvE server. This is ARK Survival Evolved not ARK Being comfortable.

We keep ping and amount of players in mind all the time so we have an enjoyable game play. We do have lag issues once in a while but we never had anything close to what you are describing. We do advertise Purge day in our post please look at our full post.

Us admins actually only own a very few amount of good spots and we also know of many good spots to build. Unfortunately the reason you were wiped was being you built in a spot which you call " a good spot." All caves, underworld, ruin area, and underwater bubble areas are all 6-10X extra damage on structures. For example if you build in a underwater bubble a rocket 10X more damage then it normally would. 

As you may know we are open to any and all suggestions so we thank you. We appreciate your feedback and we know there is always room to improve so we will definitely be looking in to any positive changes we can do.

Hope to see you back kc3!

The server that we moved to is a xbox server like the other ones we play on. The admin has a terrific internet connection and an excellent knowledge of network optimization and the server has lots of fun scavenger hunts, contests, competitions and listens to the community and implements the feed back. I was really shocked in the performance of the server especially for being hosted in the UK and me being in the US. Your server was a good learning experience but we will not be returning. 

Im sure everyone who joins mad hatter will have fun. We were just not one of those people. Not all hosted servers are created equal.

17 minutes ago, kc3 said:

The server that we moved to is a xbox server like the other ones we play on. The admin has a terrific internet connection and an excellent knowledge of network optimization and the server has lots of fun scavenger hunts, contests, competitions and listens to the community and implements the feed back. I was really shocked in the performance of the server especially for being hosted in the UK and me being in the US. Your server was a good learning experience but we will not be returning. 

Im sure everyone who joins mad hatter will have fun. We were just not one of those people. Not all hosted servers are created equal.

Don't speak to soon because 75% of the people that leave come back within a month. 

We have top of the line equipment so we assure you that our connection is very good. We are one of the most popular Xbox servers if not the most popular server in the world. So having a high ping and lag isn't a question its guaranteed. We do maintain a good balance of players to keep these issues from getting out of hand. 

Im not sure if you have seen our website but we host a boat load of events. We have atleast 2 events a week and we host more than 10 different kinds of events. We also host the greatest event in ARK history ARK Ninja Warrior. 

Once again we appreciate your feedback.

I never said that you didn't host events but you are not the only server who does that. Just look at the xbox server page on the forums. And if 75 percent of people come back within a month why is this the 3rd time in the last month or 2 that you have "reopened the server" to new players. Even more telling is currently the Madd Hatter server account on xbox (the one that everyone has to join the server from) Has 400 followers. At first count you could say that wow thats really good. But when you look at your numbers a bit closer you realize that you dont have more than 20-30 people on the server at a time. (Max 50) Otherwise you would have even worse ping and lag. This is where your 75 percent number does not hold up. If you take 400 followers / the number of recurring users 100 (being really generous, most likely 50ish) then you have a 25 percent retention rate. So if you meant to say that 75 percent or more of people dont come back I would say that is accurate. 

O and that ark ninja warrior.. the greatest event ever... To my knowledge as of today via the Group me page you cant find 2 teams to even play in it. That is why the first one was canceled. So lets dial back the marketing ploy a bit here on the greatest event that hasn't been played. 

This has concluded our knowledge session have a great day.

3 hours ago, kc3 said:

I never said that you didn't host events but you are not the only server who does that. Just look at the xbox server page on the forums. And if 75 percent of people come back within a month why is this the 3rd time in the last month or 2 that you have "reopened the server" to new players. Even more telling is currently the Madd Hatter server account on xbox (the one that everyone has to join the server from) Has 400 followers. At first count you could say that wow thats really good. But when you look at your numbers a bit closer you realize that you dont have more than 20-30 people on the server at a time. (Max 50) Otherwise you would have even worse ping and lag. This is where your 75 percent number does not hold up. If you take 400 followers / the number of recurring users 100 (being really generous, most likely 50ish) then you have a 25 percent retention rate. So if you meant to say that 75 percent or more of people dont come back I would say that is accurate. 

O and that ark ninja warrior.. the greatest event ever... To my knowledge as of today via the Group me page you cant find 2 teams to even play in it. That is why the first one was canceled. So lets dial back the marketing ploy a bit here on the greatest event that hasn't been played. 

This has concluded our knowledge session have a great day.

Unfortunately you are mistaken. Yes, we have on average 30 players at a time but one thing you dont see is that most are not the same people. We have many followers because people like change in scenery not because they dont like our server.

I know you liked our server and moved on and thats fine man everyone is entitled their opinion. There is no need to make this a personal matter.

The reason we first canceled it was because the Purge was in 2 hours so people had to go get ready. So yes that is our fault for poor coordination. Another thing you havent seen is conversations between other tribes that want to do the event. We haven't had another one scheduled due to either of of the 2 tribes schedule does not match up or our schedule doesnt match. There are many people that are needed to be at the same exact place at the same exact time while breaking their schedule of gathering resources, building, and hunting. So its not easy to schedule it. 

Technical Difficulties

Sorry for any inconvenience but we are experiencing technical difficulties at the moment. Every time we try to load up the server right before the admin screen it boots us back to ARK main menu. If anyone has an idea of what it could be let us know. We tried hard resetting, unplugging router, and unplugging the Xbox and still it doesn't work. We are looking for solutions and we will have it back up as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. 

Please fill out our survey so we know what to do from this point.

https://goo.gl/forms/RdS0LUdgzyohycDB2

Here is more info on the current ARK issues. The patch should be coming today. 

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/85457-xbox-patch-739-save-game-and-bug-report-update/&page=1

I believe our data should be fine but not 100% sure. We believe this because our server was unable to load fully. 

New Gladiator Battle scheduled for 09/21 at 1pm American EST.

New server competition: Whoever has the highest level dino in the server by 09/17 10pm American EST will get 500 ingots delivered to your base.

Server clean up

Everyone please let everyone you know that we are doing a server clean up.

We will be using a cheat called Destroy Tribe Structures/Dino/Players to totally wipe every tribe that isn't active.

Please leave a sign saying "We are active" in front of every one of your buildings.

** If you have a random structure in the middle of nowhere without a sign and we use this cheat you will still be wiped! So please destroy those or put a sign up. ***

Please email us immediately with your tribe name so we know your tribe is still active. Please remember even if you email us your tribe name you still need put signs up. 

You can also include a friends tribe if you know they are active and they ask you to do it.

** WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSSES!!!!!  **

Server change coming soon

Next week on 09/23 at 4pm (American EST) we will be switching our server map to Scorched until we have the 2nd server to take its place and its running smoothly.

** Our Center data will be fine so this is not a wipe. **

If we can get the 2nd server up and running smoothly on Scorched before then we will stay on the Center like usual.

If we change maps 1 lucky subscriber will get a free dragon and we will announce we have a winner a day or two after we change the map.

*We also may be implementing new building restrictions due to the maps size.*

On 9/16/2016 at 3:17 AM, BlockishCargo3 said:

So just curious if the server is still up? And if so if I may ask how many people are ccurrently active on the server? I want a decently populated server to enjoy. 

My gt is: BlockishCargo3

I most likely will send a message to you asking about the server also.

Thanks

Hi BlockishCargo3,

I will be looking out for your message. Yes we are still up and running. We have 15 people on average in our server at all times. We get as high as 25 on good days. We will be getting much more once we start advertising again and have our 2nd server up. 

2,500 ingots for the capture of Lynx elemental. If you find his tribe name you get 500 ingots. Each one of his tribe members will be a 1,000 ingot reward. 

1,000 ingots for his specimen implant. 

They all must be alive!

He robbed the Quickie Mart (Trading Post).

He stole mastercraft shotgun blueprints, shotguns, ingots, Journeymen Sword Blueprint, assault rifles, ammo, narcotics, saddles including spino and giga saddle, and much more. 

You can also keep it all if you capture him.

Please bring him alive. We need to imprison him and throw fesces at him ?.

Hi everyone,

It's Adam here and I just want to let you know that I will no longer be taking responsibility for any of the work required to maintain the server. 

• Our website will be shut down until further notice.
  • Our twitter will be inactive until further notice.
  • Our GroupMe will be inactive from our part until further notice.
    • It is NOT shutting down so you can still talk to people on it. 
  • We may shut down the server randomly or for long periods of time.
  • The server may take up to 24 hours to restart in case of a crash.
  • All events are canceled and there will be no more events until further notice. 
  • The Trading post is closed until further notice.
  • Abandoned structures may stay there for long periods of time to be destroyed.
  • Messages may take at least a week to be answered if they do get answered.
  • The only forum of contact with Admins is our Facebook, messaging Dr.Laz on ARK Forums, or directly messaging an admins gamertag. 

HELLO USERS, SORRY WE HAD AN ADMIN LEAVE MGMT. The server is under new management. The new trading post is on its way as well as fun new awesome events. YES, the server will crash once in a while. The owner of the Xbox that the server runs off is a human being, with a job and he sleeps too. If the server crashed while this person is away, he will immediately put it back on when he gets home. It's NEVER OFF for 24 hours. Join the madhatterserver group on facebook, as that is our new official mad hatters website, where you can talk to all of the admins directly. Keep on surviving. More news on a BRAND NEW FORUM THREAD coming soon!

2 hours ago, DrLaz said:

HELLO USERS, SORRY WE HAD AN ADMIN LEAVE MGMT. The server is under new management. The new trading post is on its way as well as fun new awesome events. YES, the server will crash once in a while. The owner of the Xbox that the server runs off is a human being, with a job and he sleeps too. If the server crashed while this person is away, he will immediately put it back on when he gets home. It's NEVER OFF for 24 hours. Join the madhatterserver group on facebook, as that is our new official mad hatters website, where you can talk to all of the admins directly. Keep on surviving. More news on a BRAND NEW FORUM THREAD coming soon!

What i said was only an estimate of what will happen from this point but what I said is not all true. Dr.Laz will have all the correct and updated info from here on out so be sure to follow him. 

Facebook: 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/madhatterserver/

• 2 months later...
On 19/09/2016 at 1:05 PM, DrLaz said:

On 19/09/2016 at 1:05 PM, DrLaz said:

Can u make the chat global and get rid of offline raiding and this is something I don't really care about but can u put the resource gathering up

• 3 weeks later...

Archived