Ugly graphics even on high/ultra

olivecat

Your

3 hours ago, olivecat said:

my monitor is 1600x980 but this was never a problem even in god of war, cyberpunk and others

all in epic didn't change much also

These are all different games, designed by different companies, released at different times, with different target hardware as the minimum specs.  You are comparing apples, to pineapples.

The earlier poster is correct.  You are seeing the limits of your screen resolution size.  I would also suspect, the monitor is not well suited to show off your graphics cards abilities.  With that resolution, I'm assuming you are using the HDMI port which is not the highest definition port on your card.  I learned that myself when I used the HDMI first on my new monitor, then switched to the Displayport cable.  

• Volunteer Moderator
On 10/31/2022 at 7:51 PM, zero064 said:

Ark should look nicer than it does in that screenshot, but it really isn't that pretty of a game alongside modern titles. It's been around for five years, which is almost an eternity for a video game.

That graphics are great with the right rig and even more so for the game being 6+ years old.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2022 at 4:29 PM, olivecat said:

I just bought an rtx and went to test it on ark, but the game doesn't seem to be... pretty? and especially the trees that are very ugly, is there a problem with some settings or with the map (crystal isles) or something? if anyone has an idea i would appreciate it

1.thumb.jpg.493a27d08523f45d2c49c19fda643e26.jpg

I assume you had to rescale the image, so it probably looks worse than that what you are seeing ingame on your monitor, but still this looks really bad compared to what I get on my screen. It looks like you have density for ground clutter pretty high, but the shadows that should be generated with them are missing. You have shadows on "Alto" (assumable HIGH) not Epic. Also i think you have the resolution for ground clutter, pretty low. (?Nivel de detalhe das superficiees?)

Ow... And look at "Distancie de oclusao do ambiente (Pesado)"

46 minutes ago, kage13ofmordor said:

btw im reading this and im saving money to play ark in ultra, its to high for the game th 60 fps in the best quality?

I have an RTX 3080 and I have to dial back the settings to consistently get 100 fps at 4K. At 60 fps or at a lower resolution you might be able to max the settings.

8 hours ago, zero064 said:

I have an RTX 3080 and I have to dial back the settings to consistently get 100 fps at 4K. At 60 fps or at a lower resolution you might be able to max the settings.

I will buy a graphic amd a little lower that rtx 3080 but a monster too, i hope in 2k can play like a god, but in comming to play ark in ps4, 60 fps its okai xd

38 minutes ago, kage13ofmordor said:

I will buy a graphic amd a little lower that rtx 3080 but a monster too, i hope in 2k can play like a god, but in comming to play ark in ps4, 60 fps its okai xd

might wanna settle for 30-15 frames per secound on the ps4.....Oh and keep your dino count down and only build small bases. I had a massive base I built once, used it for breeding and kibble, but noticed anytime I was in or near it, I was only getting 14 FPS.......On the xbox one x. 

I know I need to upgrade to the series x, but this game desperatly needs to be optimized. v.v

7 hours ago, wizard03 said:

might wanna settle for 30-15 frames per secound on the ps4.....Oh and keep your dino count down and only build small bases. I had a massive base I built once, used it for breeding and kibble, but noticed anytime I was in or near it, I was only getting 14 FPS.......On the xbox one x. 

I know I need to upgrade to the series x, but this game desperatly needs to be optimized. v.v

In my ps4 i have dizzines for play the game, ark optimization suck, for that i will playing in pc and know dont play the game

Archived