manticore boss not landing

Templar92

Hello fello Ark enjoyers,

I am on my travels to complete all the maps, im stuck on scorched earth, the manticore is not landing what so ever during the fight, and i really dont know what to do,
i have tired using a mix of lightning and fire wyverns ( he just spins around the pillars at light speed ) and they rarely are able to hit with ele attack or bite 
i have tired the old good full send Rex, again he lands for like not even one second and takes off flying again,

i have tired a combo between the 2 again he just spins around the middle pillars, even when i call all dinos away and to stop attacking

I play official servers PVE, its truely painful each time to lose dinos and saddles, lucky farming for alpha supplies for boss fight is only a hour or so work

advice and help is welcome

Have a reaper or rex out in the open alone w/ lots of room around them.  Manticore , if it wants to land, will look for suitable space to land on.  A reaper buried in the open could work to draw its attention.   Not sure if pheromone darts would work , shoot your reaper and leave it alone in middle see if that draws their attention. 

I personally use blood crystal wyverns.  They are more nimble than the bigger traditional wyverns, and we have their melee up so high that they can drop the manticore with about 14 of them.  Hard to fit more, they take up a lot of space on the portal there.

• 1 month later...

Magmasaur taunts Manticore, just move  Dino’s away from it so it can land. Once it does whistle attack. It basically taunts everything so all worms and golem go to it as well. You can do gen 1 missions for a good magma saddle and eggs are easier on lost island or Fjordur. Very useful for missions and orbital drops too. Sulfur is baby food, so extra mega easy to raise on scorched.

Archived