Community Crunch 338: Community Corner and More!

StudioWildcard

ARK_FearEvolved6_2022_Event_1920x1080.jpg

Welcome to another edition of the Community Crunch!

You only have a few more days to make the most of Fear Evolved 6! The event ends on Wednesday, November 2nd! Next week we'll have more information on our ExtraLife event, goals, rates, and giveaways!

arkuseheading.png

We're excited to share news on the ARK: Ultimate Survivor Edition update for Nintendo Switch!

➡️Base Game Patch: Worldwide release on Nov 1st, 10 AM Eastern
➡️Scorched Earth: NA release on Nov 1st at 10am, EU to release on Nov 8th
➡️Dino Discovery: Worldwide release on Nov 9th
➡️All ARK Switch content is intended to release in South America in later November, and in Japan in January

Prepare yourselves for a completely overhauled and updated ARK experience for Nintendo Switch!!!  

If you're a returning Nintendo Switch ARK Survivor, we have a wealth of helpful information that will prepare you for the upcoming release.  Server information, space requirements, Discord information and more can all be found in the returning player guide!

returningplayer.png

evo.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

There is an ongoing EVO Event that is included with Fear Evolved 6. You can find the rates below:

eventrates-b.png

• Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, 5x Harvesting, 5x Taming, and 5x Breeding, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Conquest: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus

For the duration of this EVO Event, we will be disabling the world buffs from Baby Boon & Maewing Poach on Genesis Part 2 on the Official Network. In the past, we've adjusted for the impact events have had on the rates by tweaking the bonuses that we use during breeding events, however, those tweaks lead to unfavorable circumstances on maps that aren't Genesis Part 2, so during breeding events, we'll be disabling these mission buffs specifically as not to affect the bonuses on other maps.

communitycorner.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot GalleryArtist Feedback Form

clipsvideos.png

Creator: Cantex

Cantex is back with another exciting video!  Watch the infamous Dodorex tackle all the dinosaurs in ARK!

fanart_2.png

UNLUCKY by Sai 

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_338_Sai_1920x1

DodoRex by @Mio301130

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_338_Mio301130_

ZOMKIBBY by @NeoVanilluxe

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_338_NeoVanillu

🎃Trick or Treat!! by @rianeko_mabi

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_338_rianeko_ma

[Commission] fear Evolved: Dodorex and Dodowyvern  by MayaPatch

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_338_MayaPatch_

Dangerous Land by @demonorph (Art) Ortiz (Character) 

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_338_demonorph_

Wuzhui by Toucanfishh

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_338_Toucanfish

Reaper King (Oil Painting) by Lilly

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_338_Lilly_1920

screen.png

SirDrip#9735

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_338_SirDrip_19

Stevie#4778

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_338_Stevie_192

Have a great weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

Hard to be able to take advantage of the event when half the event colors are not spawning. The bone cost of crafting is insanely high while the bone drop rate is abysmally low. There are too many common chibis for the current random craft option to work anymore; we need the option to craft random of each different rarity tier. It is entirely too possible to get several thousand duplicate common chibis and never see one of the new ones, or even a purple rarity. The game is ending, just give us the option to craft random chibis of the rarity tier we want, for stone, raw/cooked meat, hide, fiber, and thatch

All in all, Fear Evolved 6 is a poor example of an event

On 10/29/2022 at 11:37 PM, Joedeadpool said:

This by far one of the worst events ever the lack of color and the devs lack of caring about it is very disturbing. It just goes to show the care that ark 2 is receiving 

They didn't even bother to make a trailer.  Theres a trailer for everyone of the other FEs.

• Volunteer Moderator
32 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

They didn't even bother to make a trailer.  Theres a trailer for everyone of the other FEs.

They said back in the summer that there will be no more new trailers for any events for the rest of the year as they focus on ARK 2. It's not about not being bothered to do it.

37 minutes ago, GP said:

They said back in the summer that there will be no more new trailers for any events for the rest of the year as they focus on ARK 2. It's not about not being bothered to do it.

Sry, I haven't been on the forum for awhile.  That said, they made that announcement because they couldnt be bothered.  XD  I mean they even skiped the summer event.  They kinda cant be bothered rn.  Its good and all that theyre making a new game for us but are we all certain we even want it?  They haven't even fixed this hot mess and we are suppose to buy the next 1 that will likely receive the same treatment as this 1?  Broken skylord spawn on the base "main" map...Fixed for multiplayer but not if ur solo.  I mean what kinda spiteful bs is that?  Or solo players having cave loot spawn at drastically slower rates...I remember waiting half an hour in the underwater brute cave 30mins for 1 loot chest to respawn.  Have we forgotten that solo is actually longer and harder than multiplayer (pve wise) because we dont have help...Then we get crippled with trying to get our loot for the boss battles.  Punishing a part of ur innocent player base like that is just being a bunch of d1cks.  Im trying my darnedest to play this game legitimately and properly in order and thats a massive struggle when ur solo.  Solo players dont need to be handicapped even further in an already multiplayer focused game.

To expand on that, theres been times thay talked about fixing floating flora...I mean great but is that really something to be making a priority?  We have actual bugs damaging the core of the game present for years.  A pay to play map has been completely abandoned.  Im sorry but we have to buy these maps and new people do buy these maps regularly still.  Support for them should be required.

I bring that up because of SE and my original part of this post.  Cave loot is a core thing of this game.  Getting ur high end bps is 1 of the main time sinks and therefore main parts of the game.  Therefore the caves working properly should be a priority on all maps for all game modes.  The northern snow (crawl) cave having nothing spawn at all and SE loots spawn in death zones...Like wow.

Edited by Onimusha759

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Have we forgotten that solo is actually longer and harder than multiplayer (pve wise) because we dont have help...

It might also be that solo players represent a tiny fraction of the player base and they assign resources to it appropriately. I don't know if that's true, but it always felt that way based on the amount of fixes for SP.

2 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

It might also be that solo players represent a tiny fraction of the player base and they assign resources to it appropriately. I don't know if that's true, but it always felt that way based on the amount of fixes for SP.

That may be true joe (Btw i expanded the 1st post), but they actually took the time to lower our rates and make us different from everyone else on purpose.  Its not like letting us get loot at the same rate as everyone else is going to take away from all the multiplayer servers we have no effect on whatsoever.  Why not just copy and past everything over?  Update both the same should make it easier for them since they dont have to create an extra separate setting for SP.

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Why not just copy and past everything over?  Update both the same should make it easier for them since they dont have to create an extra separate setting for SP.

The details of how this works lies within the difficulty of managing the codebase (and in most cases multiple codebases that have been forked). It's not copy-paste as many would believe. It's far more complicated when talking about software ALM (application lifecycle management). You are looking at things like application governance, application development, you've got Agile and/or DevOps, QA teams working on retesting and regression testing, CI (continuous integration), then you have M&O on the codebase. Sometimes managed by another team entirely.

In short. It's complicated.

Edited by Joebl0w13

3 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

The details of how this works lies within the difficulty of managing the codebase (and in most cases multiple codebases that have been forked). It's not copy-paste as many would believe. It's far more complicated when talking about software ALM (application lifecycle management). You are looking at things like application governance, application development, you've got Agile and/or DevOps, QA teams working on retesting and regression testing, CI (continuous integration), then you have M&O on the codebase. Sometimes managed by another team entirely.

In short. It's complicated.

Thats actually good info, thanks joe.  But i still have to say theyre being jerks here because they purposefully leave SP out, or they go out of their way to make it worse.  Since they tweaked it, why did they have to make it harder than what everyone else has?  They changed it purposefully which means they put time and resources into it to punish SP players.  Things like the cave not spawning, it affected everyone for a time.  That means likely the same broken code existed in all forms of the game.  If they fixed it for all the others then they know roughly what they needed to do to fix it for SP too so it should have been rather simple and easy-ish to fix.  They simply forked us.  Not everyone has XBL or PS+, and some people just dont want to deal with other peoples bs game drama (Referring to pvps over gung ho slaughter mindset and pves pillaring/tame capping.  I believe uv mentioned this before recently so u understand what i mean).  Not to mention they decided to create the SP mode.  Well then they need to actually keep up with it.  Do it right, period.  Dont offer a mode/concept and then fail to properly deliver on it.  I believe prim+ players know what im saying there.

On 10/29/2022 at 2:29 AM, Cyberra said:

Hard to be able to take advantage of the event when half the event colors are not spawning. The bone cost of crafting is insanely high while the bone drop rate is abysmally low. There are too many common chibis for the current random craft option to work anymore; we need the option to craft random of each different rarity tier. It is entirely too possible to get several thousand duplicate common chibis and never see one of the new ones, or even a purple rarity. The game is ending, just give us the option to craft random chibis of the rarity tier we want, for stone, raw/cooked meat, hide, fiber, and thatch

All in all, Fear Evolved 6 is a poor example of an event

I couldn't agree with you more 

My tribe got meshed and aimbotted again.  Wildcards report system is still bugged and now my entire tribe is quitting because we just cannot compete with hackers.

It's insane to me that I still cannot submit a report do to there endless login cycle. 

Ark is getting just as bad as d2.  Great game goes to poop just cause the devs don't care. At all.

• 8 months later...