Favorite thing to do in ARK

Griffin998

What is your favorite thing to just do in ARK? Meat running, narcotic crafting, etc. My personal favorite is probably taming. Not anything specific-just running around on Alpha (my raptor) looking for things to tame. Currently, I'm looking for a carno, because I got a pretty okay carno saddle from a drop (maybe it was one of the theris or sarcos I killed).

Good luck, and Happy ARKing!

Oh I love role-playing as a greasy pvp pirate. Raiding beach bobs, foundataion wiping anything I can see from my motorboat and building with stolen mats.  Terrorizing anyone that has the sickness. Nothing makes me grin more then some knob crying in global, begging to know why I targeted a friendly builder that was minding their own business.

Lol

I love flying around on my Argentavis, looking for creatures to tame.  In an old game I had an Argent and a Paracer working together.  The Paracer had a small taming pen on its platform saddle.  I'd ride the Paracer, with the Argent inside the pen, and when I found something I wanted to tame, I'd have the Argent pick it up and drop it in the pen.  *sigh* Those were the days...

I am eagerly looking forward to playing Ark without it crashing all the time.  That kinda wrecked things for me... (I'm a Switch player.)  Then I'll probably fly around on my Argent all day, just admiring the scenery.  And make a base that won't lag too much.  That'll be fun.

1 minute ago, ObstinateSparrow said:

I'd ride the Paracer, with the Argent inside the pen, and when I found something I wanted to tame, I'd have the Argent pick it up and drop it in the pen.  *sigh* Those were the days...

Those were the days, the only time i enjoyed pve.  All the meat runs raining from the sky, 24 plant turrets killed everything that was dropped.

Bring back classic pve.

I am mostly entertained by a new map. Not "conquering" it, but just exploring to see all the stuff that has been put in the map. The most outstanding thing in Ark that I remember was the time when Ragnarok was completed and the edge walls on the south and east of the map were moved out to their present locations. And one could actually reasonably navigate down the east side of the map without getting deep frozen killed hopping through the murder snow that used to be the right hand edge.

With progress of a toon, most of the day to day activities have become kinda trivial. Taming with a 300% ascendant xbow, not so difficult. Meat runs with a badass wyvern (or giga or whatever, pick your own poison), not so difficult. Even base construction with the right dinos to gather materials is kinda trivial. And breeding is just a pain all ways from Friday :)

23 hours ago, ThePryBar said:

Oh I love role-playing as a greasy pvp pirate. Raiding beach bobs, foundataion wiping anything I can see from my motorboat and building with stolen mats.  Terrorizing anyone that has the sickness. Nothing makes me grin more then some knob crying in global, begging to know why I targeted a friendly builder that was minding their own business.

Okay then. To each their own, I guess :)

Image result for leonardo dicaprio raising cup

2 hours ago, slejo said:

Aberration was released and i was new to this game.

Oh man...I only started playing after Gen 1 released. Can't believe it's been 2 years already. The nostalgia...I think the first thing I did was maybe punch a trike or something. Maybe I got killed by piranha. Oh man-the nostalgia hits me like a truck. I've got so many memories associated with ARK. Suppose one could say it's a bit of an accidental love story :).

My favorite things are metal runs (except the part where I'm trying to get it all to the forge. Can't get the anky to fit through the workshop's gate, so it takes some whipping to get him in the right position to drop the metal inside of it with none falling off the bridge), aimless wandering, and alpha dino hunting.

I mean, taming and breeding are fun too, but they only get to be my FAVORITE things when I either get the right result on first try, or get a better than expected result, otherwise it's just okay.

Oh, and wyvern egg runs are kinda fun, but whether or not they count as favorite depends on three factors: how long ago was MY last time (realizing I'm kinda rusty when there's wyverns already chasing me is NOT a good thing), how long ago was the last time in general (who loves rotten eggs? That's right, NOBODY.) and how the server's feeling on the day I chose to do it (lags=NOT FUN. Disconnects are even worse). So basically, it's one of my favorite things to do IF the eggs in the trench are fresh, I still remember what I'm doing, and I'm not getting lagged to hell and back, otherwise meh.

I love the early stages of the game where you actually have to fight for survival. Everything becomes a bit too mellow once you get to the industrial tier. It's a prequisite for my second favourite thing though, which is caving. Guess I just like clear defined goals. And guess that's why Ab hits the spot for me... it never gets easy and it's one huge cave with worse caves inside it.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Griffin998 said:

Yeah...Aberration is amazing. I love the map so much. It's so hard, but it's also very beautiful in a very untamed, rough way.

Ab was a hit with me. Such a change from the other maps and really fun to look at. Hard to start fresh on though. Makes it sporty.

Archived