Does anyone play on the steam deck?

Cowgirl

Hey all, sorry if this doesn't go here, I did look for a subforum for steam deck but I didn't see any. I was wondering first if I got a steam deck could I use it to play on official servers where I am established already through steam PC I house sit often so if I could use it to refresh timers and feed dinos at least that would be awesome. Also, does anyone know of the 512gb chip is big enough for ark? Even if it's JUST Ark and the dlc on that chip? Any general opinions about them? Thanks!

The disk is big enough.

6 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

Also, does anyone know of the 512gb chip is big enough for ark?

I would be more concerned with the CPU & graphics that are on the thing?

My personal view - I would look for a laptop in the same kind of $ range, and not have to deal with a very tiny screen and having to use a joy stick kinda interface .... Clearly I don't know your "carrying capacity" (have you leveled up weight ;) ) when you shifting houses - but still, I really would prefer a more main stream kinda device to a dedicated steam piece of kit.

10 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

The disk is big enough.

I would be more concerned with the CPU & graphics that are on the thing?

My personal view - I would look for a laptop in the same kind of $ range, and not have to deal with a very tiny screen and having to use a joy stick kinda interface .... Clearly I don't know your "carrying capacity" (have you leveled up weight ;) ) when you shifting houses - but still, I really would prefer a more main stream kinda device to a dedicated steam piece of kit.

I have seen it played on them on YouTube and it ran really well, I do have a laptop but it can't game, it even has ark downloaded but I don't think it could actually handle it 🤣 (but to be fair to it, I chose it for mostly streaming sites and things like Facebook and doing internet stuff, not gaming)

Archived