Community Crunch 337: Fear Evolved 6 is Live, ExtraLife 2022, and More!

StudioWildcard

ARK_FearEvolved6_2022_Event_1920x1080.jpg

Welcome to another edition of the Community Crunch!

Fear Evolved 6 is live on all platforms until Wednesday, November 2nd!  Gather your tribes for boosted rates, event-themed skins, and spook-tackular adventures.  Find out more about Fear Evolved 6 here

arkuseheading.png

Check out our recent announcement for information on the upcoming launch of the Ultimate Survivor Edition on Nintendo Switch.

arkextralifeheading.png

ExtraLife21_PageHeader_2550x526-2550x526-89a3e0ab-5d72-4e8c-ac22-b3bc3a270b27.jpg

Preparations for our annual 24-hour ExtraLife charity stream on November 5th are underway!  We'll be live on twitch.tv/survivetheark with boosted rates, games, giveaways, and laughs for 24 hours while raising money for the ExtraLife organization.  To read more about ExtraLife and Game Day, click here.

By supporting Extra Life, you are helping CMN Hospitals address the urgent needs brought on by the pandemic. Pediatric COVID-19 hospitalizations have risen to record levels as omicron races across the globe; the recent surge in childhood admissions is just the latest challenge that our hospitals face. Your support allows us to continue providing the highest level of care to these patients.

With your help, we've raised over 429k for hospitals and children in need.  If you are interested in joining to collect donations for the Studio Wildcard team or wish to donate directly towards our goal, click here.

We'll be sharing more information on our sponsors and milestones in a future post!

evo.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

There is an ongoing EVO Event that is included with Fear Evolved 6. You can find the rates below:

eventrates-b.png

• Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, 5x Harvesting, 5x Taming, and 5x Breeding, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Conquest: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus

For the duration of this EVO Event, we will be disabling the world buffs from Baby Boon & Maewing Poach on Genesis Part 2 on the Official Network. In the past, we've adjusted for the impact events have had on the rates by tweaking the bonuses that we use during breeding events, however, those tweaks lead to unfavorable circumstances on maps that aren't Genesis Part 2, so during breeding events, we'll be disabling these mission buffs specifically as not to affect the bonuses on other maps.

communitycorner.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot GalleryArtist Feedback Form

arkmoments.png

pomue#9999

We’re back with another ARK tale from the past. In today’s story, we relive the tale of our first bout with the Island Dragon Boss. 

It’s a rainy day on the ARK as our tribe is gathered around the obelisk. There’s a nip in the air and an ominous feeling surrounds the tribe as we line our Rex army up on the obelisk. Tribe Admin A says the situation looks bleak and isn’t hopeful for a successful outcome. Tribe morale isn’t very high so the tribe leader gives us a war speech before placing the remaining artifacts needed to start the fight in the terminal. As the bubble starts to surround our creatures the feeling of hope begins to flood over the tribe as we are all confident after our leaders wonderful speech, but little did we know, things weren’t going to be so easy. As we enter the arena and see the beast flying overhead, we mount our rexes and our tribe leader takes her position on the yuty. The creature flies around for a short while before finally landing and engaging with our creatures. We tear into the Dragon with tooth and claw as our Rexes are full of energy thanks to the Yuty. Little did we know at the time being the ignorant people we are that the dragon had a fire breath attack that dealt percentage based HP. As it flees to the skies once more, we realize our Rexes are already below half health, while the dragon itself is only about 20% down on HP. As we are planning for this unthought circumstance, disaster strikes. Swarms of Dimorphs and Pteras rain from the sky, claiming the lives of 2 of our tribe members in the process. We manage to defend from them as the Dragon lands down upon us and unleashes it’s Fire breath once more. Our rexes begin to fall one by one as we continue to try and salvage our futile attempt at beating this beast. He claims the lives of all but one Rex with which I am mounted on, and the yuty our tribe leader is controlling. Stunned, we resort to working together to try and handle the next swarm of minions the guardian has summoned on us. As we take them down he lands once more, striking a critical final blow in our forces as he wiped the remainder of us off the ARK.. alas, we were utterly defeated, with our creatures gone and little hope that we could be the beast, things didn’t look very hopeful. But we will have our revenge. The tribes will is stronger than anything the ARK can throw at us.

clipsvideos.png

Creator: Woobly

Woobly does the unthinkable and installs every dino mod from the Steam Workshop.  What are the possibilities of him surviving 100 days?

fanart_2.png

Corruption Wyvern by @heizigui

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_337_heiziguihe

Witching Owl by @sarekoube1

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_337_sarekoube1

Halloween Shinehorn by @sarekoube1

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_337_sarekoube1

Owl by ♥ Monster Zera ♀#0521

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_337_Monster_19

Witch Otter 💚 by Prissiie#6186

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_337_Prissie_19

[Commission] Simply and his Deinonychus by MayaPatch

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_337_mayapatch_

The Dodowyvern Returns by Nezuyu#8610

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_337_Nezuyu_192

screen.png

Krex101010#5943

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_337_Krex101010

Raasclark#5770

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_337_Raasclark_

otherart.png

l Skills l#7339

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_337_Iskills_19

Have a great weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Even as I man with tattoos I can't bring myself to fathom what would posses someone to get an ark themed tattoo. It's a fun game yeah but not quite what I'd call tattoo worthy. To each their own I guess.

Could be one of those removable tattoos xD

I mean I would get some nice or funny removable ones for sure just to have for a bit too, but yeah I would never get a permanent one like this xD

Can you guys please fix the color spawning? There are a lot of blacks, greys, oranges, and browns appearing, only some purple, and almost no jade green. Also, we need more skeleton dinos. Jacking the amount of items given by the spooky piles was all well and good, but without bones they're useless. I haven't even seen a single alpha wyvern, skeletal or otherwise, since the event started

4 hours ago, LuckyPed said:

Could be one of those removable tattoos xD

I mean I would get some nice or funny removable ones for sure just to have for a bit too, but yeah I would never get a permanent one like this xD

For their sake I hope it's a temp tat. Imagine trying to explain to your grandchildren years for now that you dropped an easy breezy hundred plus bucks on a tattoo of a buggy game

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

For their sake I hope it's a temp tat. Imagine trying to explain to your grandchildren years for now that you dropped an easy breezy hundred plus bucks on a tattoo of a buggy game

Imagine telling your grandparents that you thought you had a right to tell someone what they did to their body. 

17 minutes ago, PikaSaurus said:

Imagine telling your grandparents that you thought you had a right to tell someone what they did to their body. 

Imagine assuming that's what I'm doing considering my first statement was pointing out I have tattoos. Im sure this is a novel concept for you, but it's an interesting fact that you can actually call something stupid without it being you trying to tell people how to live their lives. Furthermore I also said "to each their own", implying it's not my place to decide what they do. Doesn't mean I'm not allowed to speak my piece though.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

On 10/21/2022 at 9:20 PM, CosmicSkeleton said:

Even as a man with tattoos I can't bring myself to fathom what would posses someone to get an ark themed tattoo. It's a fun game yeah but not quite what I'd call tattoo worthy. To each their own I guess.

Unless they met their spouse in game or something.  Like I'd rather tattoo a survivor's implant than someone else's name.  My best friend met her husband a Vampire the Masquerade game and they have clan tattoos intertwined rather than names.

16 hours ago, Mitza said:

Like I'd rather tattoo a survivor's implant than someone else's name.  My best friend met her husband a Vampire the Masquerade game and they have clan tattoos intertwined rather than names.

To be honest I find names of spouses/friends/family to be an even worse idea given anything can happen to sour a relationship. That said the case with your friend is adorable. They better have picked a good clan though. I will riot if one of them went for clan tzimisce or toreador.

• 8 months later...