An Update on ARK: Ultimate Survivor Edition for Nintendo Switch

StudioWildcard

13 hours ago, GP said:

To get the paid DLCs you will need to purchase either of the following:

• Season Pass ( Scorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction )
  • Genesis Season Pass ( Genesis Part 1, Genesis Part 2 )
  • Ultimate Survivor Upgrade ( Scorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction, Genesis 1, Genesis 2 )

So was it another lie that players who already have ark get scorched earth for free with the update??!

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, GP said:

Then show me where Studio Wildcard or Grove Street stated Scorched Earth would be free.

It not worth me doing that for you, I shouldn't even bother replying honestly it won't change the fact, you have access to more information then me or any other player but too lazy or don't care enough

it was said in many live streams from grove street including at pax. It was said in wildcards own post/news about the switch update. 

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, SilentFrank said:

It not worth me doing that for you, I shouldn't even bother replying honestly it won't change the fact, you have access to more information then me or any other player but too lazy or don't care enough

it was said in many live streams from grove street including at pax. It was said in wildcards own post/news about the switch update. 

It's only not worth you finding it because you know they never said it, or you just misunderstood what they said.

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, Rassiter said:

I cant found Ultimate survivor edition in eshop, only standard edition which is on discount right now. There are no season pass or DLC in eshop either. Is it still not available for purchase in Europe (or at least in Poland), or am I missing something?

The ultimate survivor edition will be available in Europe on 8 November.

14 minutes ago, GP said:

The ultimate survivor edition will be available in Europe on 8 November.

Oh, I got it, thanks!

So it is no point to buy standard edition on discount and then ultimate edition upgrade after its launch, right? Or it will be cheaper then ultimate edition by itself? I would like to get it but I don't want to overpay due to this confusion.

Edited by Rassiter

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Rassiter said:

Oh, I got it, thanks!

So it is no point to by standard edition on discount and then ultimate edition upgrade after its launch, right? Or it will be cheaper then ultimate edition by itself? I would like to get it but I don't want to overpay due to this confusion.

Ultimate Survivor Upgrade is $40

Ultimate Survivor Edition is $50

So I think based on the cost of the current version in the shop it is cheaper to go for the Edition when it releases, but of course it puts you a week behind by waiting.

27 minutes ago, GP said:

Ultimate Survivor Upgrade is $40

Ultimate Survivor Edition is $50

So I think based on the cost of the current version in the shop it is cheaper to go for the Edition when it releases, but of course it puts you a week behind by waiting.

Thanks again! In total looks like its 10$ overpay in this case. I think I should wait for the Ultimate for a week then, since Scorched Earth will not be available sooner anyway, as I understand.

Local wireless multiplayer gets removed with the update so i decided not to update because this was the reason i bought the game. And because i tested the performance myself i.e. let the cam simply circle with all the animals and plants around. Conclusion: ok framedips due to loading, but else its fine ! So i dont need to sacrifice the holy local wireless. Btw i think one day there will be consequences for some online multiplayer only games because of wasted devices due to sad gamers. The game is bought and then the servers shut down. I doubt this is the product bought. So the game is bought with fixed limited functionality. Very strange i find. So as long as they do not add local wireless to the update i wont update and definitely would not recommend it

5 minutes ago, Tukan said:

Local wireless multiplayer gets removed with the update so i decided not to update because this was the reason i bought the game. And because i tested the performance myself i.e. let the cam simply circle with all the animals and plants around. Conclusion: ok framedips due to loading, but else its fine ! So i dont need to sacrifice the holy local wireless. Btw i think one day there will be consequences for some online multiplayer only games because of wasted devices due to sad gamers. The game is bought and then the servers shut down. I doubt this is the product bought. So the game is bought with fixed limited functionality. Very strange i find. So as long as they do not add local wireless to the update i wont update and definitely would not recommend it

I hope, singleplayer is still there, and wont be cutted somewhen, its the main and only game mode for me. If they cut it, its gonna be deal-breaker for me instantly.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Rassiter said:

I hope, singleplayer is still there, and wont be cutted somewhen, its the main and only game mode for me. If they cut it, its gonna be deal-breaker for me instantly.

Single player is still there.

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Thanks 1