Fjordhawk Balance Pass

Vape123

Let me start with a big thank you for balancing the hawk it was broken beyond words, but is the 1 hour cooldown on transferring beds with loot a little too excessive?, could we have the balance changes but no cd on transferring beds maybe?, its just we have so many dinos that replace tek structures and even with teleporter engram unlocked the fjordhawk teleport was extremely useful for early game and late game, what are other poeoples thoughts on the bed teleport cooldown being 1 hour?.

Thanks for fixing the main PVP issues with the hawk once again!.

- Fjordhawk balance pass:

- Reduction to Fjordhawk flight speed when picking up death lootbags

- Increase time before hawk becomes invisible to 20 seconds

- One hour cooldown added on retrieval of player's inventory. 

- Reduced base health and health per level gained on the Fjordhawk by approximately 40% - Added 2x damage multiplier from guns and projectiles - Visual improvements will be added in the next major version for client display of the cooldown time

A one-hour cooldown? Why even bother having the Fjordhawk?

If that's the case I'll only take a Fjordhawk to places where it'd be a royal pain to retrieve my stuff, like some of the deeper caves. With anywhere else on the map I'd rather just respawn, grab a good dino, go stomp whatever creature killed me and retrieve my gear.

I don't know if the cool down is per hawk or is applied on the person. Otherwise you can just use a bunch of hawks to circumvent the timer.

Main problem i see is they removed invulnerable, so given it's low health now, the hawk wil likely die when you do.

It's a shame that one of the most usefull tames from fjordur has been crippled like this. I'm not even sure it still have a purpose.

My thoughts exactly, i can understand the PVP nerf but the teleport CD bothers me, i understand having a fob in a  random spot and just hawking over to random beds is pretty strong, and maybe theres other ways its being used/abused that i cant think of right now but why not just make it 10-15mins cd, that way it can be a useful farm dino at least?, nobody is going to be using these in PVP now with all of the other nerfs, even when the line is 254 HP - theyve been released way too strong without enough thought put into their design and how they would be used, and now theyve been hit way too hard with the nerf bat.

1 hour??? What 1 hour? What Universe is that in?

Cooldown.png.45bd1b62d17fc9396c6def91668c08fa.png

That is 97 Days 18 Hours 56 minutes and 51 seconds!

These devs are out of their tiny minds! Mainly because this isn't per Fjordhawk, but for Player Character. Even if you travel to another server this will persist. If you so happen to die before the cooldown is over, you get another 100 days added to it!

Then WHY even have Fjordhawk?????

4 hours ago, Yankie said:

I’m not, every time it eats something ive killed it stays at 3%

I'm not sure your process for trying to tame them.  What I've seen people on my server doing is having sacrifices ready to go.

*If you haven't already - you might try podding some tamed animals that are high food value, such as high level ovis.  Then you can kill them on site right away and cut down on any search time for feeding.  Hope that suggestion is a new idea for you.  If not, there's gotta be something wrong.

On 10/20/2022 at 4:14 AM, Vape123 said:

but is the 1 hour cooldown on transferring beds with loot a little too excessive?, could we have the balance changes but no cd on transferring beds maybe?, its just we have so many dinos that replace tek structures and even with teleporter engram unlocked the fjordhawk teleport was extremely useful for early game and late game, what are other poeoples thoughts on the bed teleport cooldown being 1 hour?.

bed teleport has no cooldown on fjordhawk, i used it to teleport around multiple times in a short period of time, even with the 1hr cooldown active.

Archived