New on ARK

Ceel

On 10/25/2022 at 9:33 PM, wizard03 said:

thylo's are one of the most OP creatures in the game

Yeap. Actually, are there deinonychus on LI? I don't think there are, but they're almost better than thylas because of the pack boost and the stackable bleed. I know they're on Fjordur. Getting a low level is easy peasy once you have some sort of tanky mount or flyer, so they could be great early game tames.

12 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Yeap. Actually, are there deinonychus on LI? I don't think there are, but they're almost better than thylas because of the pack boost and the stackable bleed. I know they're on Fjordur. Getting a low level is easy peasy once you have some sort of tanky mount or flyer, so they could be great early game tames.

I forget as well. I keep thinking fjordur and gotta remind myself, not fjordur XD
As for the stack bleeds and pack boost, it helps, but honestly I just feel like a thylo is much better for solo plays. The ability to tank some big hits, and the ease of saddles through fishing just makes it better for a solo. Now if you was to get two or three other players, have them all run a small pack of deino's with their main mount, yeah. Thats a scarething right there.

9 hours ago, wizard03 said:

The ability to tank some big hits, and the ease of saddles through fishing just makes it better for a solo

That's a fair point. Plus, the thyla's climbing is so much easier to use in general. Deinos are faster though, but they have less weight ( I think). They've both got their pros and cons. I like deinos, as you probably already know. Their feathers are so beautiful. R-thylas look really cool though-almost as cool as deinos ;).

I disagree with the idea that playing Ark can't help you prepare for Ark 2. I suspect the Wildcard team is quite pleased with the history of Ark and how popular it's been with players. I don't think they will mess with the 'recipe' much for Ark 2. I think Ark 2 will represent a lot of fundamental game development changes in the way they implement the game, but I suspect they want Ark 2 to be as popular as Ark + meaningful improvements. So they are very likely going to keep what they know works, and just build it differently. We might see more procedural stuff since that's been a bit of a trend that's caught on and seems to make a difference in how 'load heavy' the game software is.  But I'm just guessing. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Griffin998 said:

Yeah. I mean, the sequel is pretty much like an improved recipe with different ingredients, to put it simply. ARK 1 definitely will still be relevant even after ARK 2 releases.

Good luck, and happy ARKing!

I wish they would have just re-written Ark. They are looking for new revenue streams. Maybe they will circle back and do it later. Who knows, Blizzard did it with WoW.

On 11/1/2022 at 11:05 AM, DeHammer said:

I disagree with the idea that playing Ark can't help you prepare for Ark 2. I suspect the Wildcard team is quite pleased with the history of Ark and how popular it's been with players. I don't think they will mess with the 'recipe' much for Ark 2. I think Ark 2 will represent a lot of fundamental game development changes in the way they implement the game, but I suspect they want Ark 2 to be as popular as Ark + meaningful improvements. So they are very likely going to keep what they know works, and just build it differently. We might see more procedural stuff since that's been a bit of a trend that's caught on and seems to make a difference in how 'load heavy' the game software is.  But I'm just guessing. 

https://youtu.be/-8S_haTAEEY

Honestly nooblets hits all the right points on the head, and honestly if you sit there and think about it, it sounds like ark 2 is going to be an entirely different game from ark 1...Different combat style, different viewing angle, id be willing to gather there will be different taming mechanics too......its going to be its own game, with ark's skin draped over it. And given wildcards track history, Im not entirely certain if it will be worth it at first or a buggy mess with new clothing.

On 11/2/2022 at 3:39 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

I wish they would have just re-written Ark. They are looking for new revenue streams. Maybe they will circle back and do it later. Who knows, Blizzard did it with WoW.

I know they are doing the animated series, but I feel like they will stick to the current plot of Helena, Rockwell, and Li Mei Yin. But Id pay money to see a full blown movie revealing what happened to cause the Arks to become what they are. And maybe a touch of Castaway survival, but in Ark format.

Hell Iv even thought of the first line the survivor says. "Wait, where is the trash? No bottles, no plastic, no tires.....The beach is completely clean! Somethings not right. "dramatic music enters"

On 11/4/2022 at 6:11 AM, wizard03 said:

https://youtu.be/-8S_haTAEEY

Honestly nooblets hits all the right points on the head, and honestly if you sit there and think about it, it sounds like ark 2 is going to be an entirely different game from ark 1...Different combat style, different viewing angle, id be willing to gather there will be different taming mechanics too......its going to be its own game, with ark's skin draped over it. And given wildcards track history, Im not entirely certain if it will be worth it at first or a buggy mess with new clothing.

Yea, removal of first person would be a major disappointment if they do go that way. Taking away the option to switch views would directly impact the popularity of the game. 

Archived