Community Crunch 336: Limited Download Servers, Community Corner, and More!

StudioWildcard

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, BladeTurbo1973 said:

i was wondering if the holiday events will be available after the release of Ark 2? Maybe as a dlc or mod (i know there are mods out there, but official ones).

Events will be available to run on PC for unofficial servers, I presume single player too. But on console the items will be available but not the events themselves. That's the current stance on it anyway.

I hope the Devs end up seeing our requests and add servers to the “OC CrossPlay PVE” cluster, Have submitted a couple of requests now and still nothing, and with this event only a day away we have no chance of getting to seeing the DODO Rex or Wyvern since we don’t have access to Scorched Earth or The Island :(

Thanks for the suggestion Joebl0w13, my tribe mate saw your comment and followed your suggestion but was advised this was not the correct form of communication (I have another link but since I haven't heard back in months since the request I was attempting all forms of communication to have this issue addressed).

Otherwise, I'm excited about the event just hope the lag and disconnects aren't as frequent as it has been on Fjordur 2014.

On 10/15/2022 at 3:45 PM, Luizza said:

or run an unofficial PVE server with 'donations' by any chance?

And what's wrong with allowing players on your server to donate if they so choose? As long as the money is going directly to the server (I.e. You accept donations only through the rental service so you can't just pull money as you please), you don't *rely* on donations to keep the server up/threaten shutdowns if you don't get them, and you aren't letting donations color your biases in how things are handled in game there shouldn't be an issue. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Macboi80 said:

my tribe mate saw your comment and followed your suggestion but was advised this was not the correct form of communication

I'm confused by this statement. 

Posting a suggestion for the game in this section is the correct form of communication. And nobody would have told them that it wasn't. Not another mod or someone from WildCard.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/64-game-suggestions/

Are you sure they didn't submit a ticket to support with the suggestion. Because that would be the wrong place.

Edited by Joebl0w13

On 10/15/2022 at 1:50 AM, Cyberra said:

MAKE SURE THE SPOOKY PILES GIVE MULTIPLE RESOURCES FROM THE START OF THE EVENT PLEASE. Last year it was such a pain to collect enough to make anything and it took us a week of screaming at you for you guys to fix it. Spare your eardrums this year and make the piles give 2-5 items per right from the start.

they didnt hear you ... still the same crap and the maturation timers are out too /normal ark :)

On 10/15/2022 at 1:45 PM, Luizza said:

Dragging out all the anti-PVE stereotypes I see, do you actually play official PVE or run an unofficial PVE server with 'donations' by any chance? Always ready to talk down official PVE.

Pillars can be a method to grief, but they are also needed and appreciated by most PVE players.

Griefing with pillars is something WC should be more proactive about, but they are not the problem, the players who use them to grief are. They solve a lot of other worse problems. Which you would absolutely know if you played official PVE for years.

Also PVE LDL servers would be awesome, not every player got to experience those maps before downloads were allowed and experience them just with the tames they could get on that map, great for vet players too who are looking for a new challenge. They could 'legacy' some of those servers with hardly any traffic and bring up a few new LDL ones.

I agree with @Joebl0w13, a pve ldl cluster would be fully claimed in a single day especially if there were only 16 total.  Also I can recall him droning on and on over the past few years about his love affair with pve on multiple threads, usually right before I get banned for making fun of you toxic little PvwEenies. 

Yea talk up about how great the pillars are you griefer.  Your probably the same knob that trolled and tried using extortion on me when I tried pve years ago. The Jack@$$ that dropped a pillar in my tiny little fenced off yard and demanded 10 000 hard poly or 100 000 ingots for it to be removed, that was you right? 

Lol leave Joe alone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...