Community Crunch 336: Limited Download Servers, Community Corner, and More!

StudioWildcard

Waiting for FE6.jpg

Welcome to another edition of the Community Crunch!

It's no trick, Fear Evolved begins next week on Wednesday, October 19th!  Dress up in your event-themed skins and prepare your tribemates for spook-tackular adventures amongst the eerie event creatures.  Find out more about Fear Evolved 6 here

ldlservers.png

19 (1).jpg

Are you looking for a fresh ARK experience?  You might want to check out the new series of "Limited Download" servers that just launched.  Similar to how new maps are released with transfer restrictions, LDL servers will have this configuration set indefinitely.  LDL servers are available to join on all platforms today!

serverdetails.png

• Servers will have a LDL in the server name
  • 16 Small Tribe and 16 Regular network servers (split between NA & EU)
  • Maps Available: The Island, Fjordur, Ragnarok, and Lost Island

transferrestrictions.png

• Character Upload/Download is enabled
  • Item/Dino Upload is enabled
  • Item/Dino Download is disabled  

evo.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

An EVO Event begins next week on Wednesday, October 19th as part of Fear Evolved 6. You can find the rates below:

eventrates-b.png

• Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, 5x Harvesting, 5x Taming, and 5x Breeding, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Conquest: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus

For the duration of this EVO Event, we will be disabling the world buffs from Baby Boon & Maewing Poach on Genesis Part 2 on the Official Network. In the past, we've adjusted for the impact events have had on the rates by tweaking the bonuses that we use during breeding events, however, those tweaks lead to unfavorable circumstances on maps that aren't Genesis Part 2, so during breeding events, we'll be disabling these mission buffs specifically as not to affect the bonuses on other maps.

communitycorner.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot GalleryArtist Feedback Form

arkmoments.png

Supa Koopa#8624

so when i was playing with a friend on fjordur (after it came out like 2 weeks ago) we were looking for andrewsarcus and after awhile we found one. we tamed 3 of them (one for my other friend) and we got back to base and un cryod them. we forgot to put food in there inventory and guess what happed? you already know xd

Xmaz1ng#3692

(This was when i was more new to my server)
My friend and i were getting lots of small tames that day. After we tamed a trike we were like,"" I wonder if trikes can break wood?"" So we tested it out on a nearby wood shack. The trike charged right through the wood shack. We had joy for a good minute. Little did we know that there was someone in there and they were a bob of a pretty good tribe. 

A little bit later after we tried to run away in the nearby forest, someone used a managarmer to execute the trike.

it was a learning experience.

fanart_2.png

Halloween Shoulder Pets by @Prissiiedraws

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_336_Prissiiedr

Halloween Shoulder Pets by @Prissiiedraws

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_336_Prissiiedr

Deformed Bone REX by @falco_luna

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_336_falco_luna

Doodles by @VELUKO1

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_336_VELUKO1_19

Shmane by Maxolotl#7089

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_336_Maxolotl_1

ARK Knight. Wide by FoxArtt

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_336_FoxArtt_19

Duel by Asimos 

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_336_Asimos_192

chiiQ Chibi Collection by chiiQ 

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_336_chiiQ_1920

screen.png

Krex101010#5943

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_336_Krex101010

wngplay#2015

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_336_wngplay_19

Have a great weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

clipsvideos.png

View full article

MAKE SURE THE SPOOKY PILES GIVE MULTIPLE RESOURCES FROM THE START OF THE EVENT PLEASE. Last year it was such a pain to collect enough to make anything and it took us a week of screaming at you for you guys to fix it. Spare your eardrums this year and make the piles give 2-5 items per right from the start.

R-dire bears. Can we please have them? Add some spawns on Fjordur like you did with the aberrant megalania

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Crysis3108 said:

LDL servers idea is great, but put also PVE servers, at least 1 of each, not everyone likes PVP.

What does it matter what other people have on PVE servers though? There is no competition. Well, I mean, other than who can pillar the most the quickest.

Edited by Joebl0w13

2 hours ago, zaku8712 said:

Will the limited download servers ever wipe or will they merge into main servers after a while

they are already part of them, just that they will never open up and allow people to download gear/dinos, its basically like a permanent version of the first 3 months of a new map release. You wan't to start over with limited stuff and it has no OP dinos added? this is the type for you. I expect the servers might run pretty nice cause alot of people wont play them as much..but its tempting just cause of how smooth the server gonna run

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, TiiaAurora said:

Sometimes I wish people could mention PvE without someone immediately devalue their game mode choices. It's getting stale 🙄

I don't see anyone doing that here. I've been playing PVE for years. It's my go to. But what other players have and do doesn't matter there.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I don't see anyone doing that here. I've been playing PVE for years. It's my go to. But what other players have and do doesn't matter there.

It may not matter to you, which is fair. But people play the same mode differently. Fresh servers always have a big appeal to PvE players. Just look at the beginner servers. People shouldn't be downtalked to, just for an innocent suggestion. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Lol what? MOST of PVE hates it literally everytime they open servers up because they become nearly unplayable once everyone is throwing out tribe cap in tames to breed, or to just be a jerk. Sitting acting like it's your go-to, on what? Singleplayer? Pillar spam is far from PvEs biggest problem, and hasn't been a real problem in years. Ever since they implemented rapid decay of alone structures, and then reverted it because THEY ARE NEEDED to keep people from build blocking caves, and resources.

• Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

And the pillaring is real 🤣

Dragging out all the anti-PVE stereotypes I see, do you actually play official PVE or run an unofficial PVE server with 'donations' by any chance? Always ready to talk down official PVE.

Pillars can be a method to grief, but they are also needed and appreciated by most PVE players.

Griefing with pillars is something WC should be more proactive about, but they are not the problem, the players who use them to grief are. They solve a lot of other worse problems. Which you would absolutely know if you played official PVE for years.

Also PVE LDL servers would be awesome, not every player got to experience those maps before downloads were allowed and experience them just with the tames they could get on that map, great for vet players too who are looking for a new challenge. They could 'legacy' some of those servers with hardly any traffic and bring up a few new LDL ones.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

I choose to play on an official server where I know my base will still be there next time I log in, especially as I like to play solo. That is why I play PvE.

I would also like to see PvE LDL servers as I would enjoy being able to play on a map where there are no huge dino farms that people are using to either mass produce element dust or dinos to sell. Besides I think it would be fun too experience the true ark as it was meant to be with tames rather OP bred dinos.

• Thanks 1