Wyverns

Griffin998

Wyverns  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What is the ARK community's favorite wyvern?

• Fire wyvern
    • Lightning wyvern
    • Poison wyvern
    • Blood Crystal wyvern
    • Tropical Crystal wyvern
    • Ember Crystal wyvern (one of my favorites because it looks amazing)
    • Voidwyrm (also love this one)
    • Zombie Lightning Wyvern
    • Zombie Fire wyvern
    • Zombie Poison wyvern
    • Ice wyvern (one of the most beautiful looking wyverns)

On 10/25/2022 at 1:41 PM, Griffin998 said:

Ice wyverns look amaaazing. And their breath does some pretty okay damage as well. I have no idea why more people don't use them.

For non-offical servers it's likely because they are using the 'classic fliers' mod which restores the earlier more powerful functionality of the wyverns before they were 'toned down' by Wildcard. It applies to the earlier wyverns such as fire, poison & lightning. But the wyverns were already nerfed by the time the Ice Wyvern came out, so there never was an earlier more powerful version of it to go back to. So on our server, no one uses Ice Wyverns as they are far less powerful. 

12 hours ago, Castlerock said:

Lightning wyverns do more damage at decent range.

True, but ice wyvern eggs are easier to steal on some maps, where the eggs are just out in the open in nests. Also, a point I forgot-ice wyverns are the best looking wyverns, and now with mutations...It's a dream come true :).

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 1:59 PM, Griffin998 said:

Very interesting. So are their drag weights also on par (just out of curiosity)? Could you net them?

Haven't used them in a while, pre-net gun era at least so I'm not entirely certain if they can be netted. Drag weight wise yea I'd say they're about the same given they fit in the same size category.

25 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

pre-net gun era at least so I'm not entirely certain if they can be netted

They can be netted, as of a patch that came out recently-ish. Actually, not so recently, isn't it? I think it's been about year. It's been over a year since Genesis 2 released...How time flies :).

Good luck, and happy ARKing!

Lightning and Blood Crystal seem to be the favorites so far, with blood crystal in second (also, excuse my mistake-I put Zombie fire wyvern in the poll, when I think there are no zombie fire wyverns). Voidwyrm, Poison, Zombie poison, Zombie lightning, and Ember Crystal all seem to be tied. Very interesting. In third, just barely beating out the fire wyvern, is the tropical crystal wyvern. Somewhat unexpected, but makes sense, considering it's speed, health, and damage buff ( I think). Fire wyvern is in fourth. I'd think it'd be higher up in the list, but that's what you guys said :).

1. Lightning wyvern

2. Blood Crystal Wyvern

3. Tropical Crystal Wyvern

4. Fire Wyvern

5. Poison, Zombie poison, Zombie lightning, and Ember Crystal Wyverns

5. Voidwyrm ( put this in a separate thing because the grammar doesn't really make much sense if I do put it in).

Archived