Wyverns

Griffin998

Wyverns  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What is the ARK community's favorite wyvern?

• Fire wyvern
    • Lightning wyvern
    • Poison wyvern
    • Blood Crystal wyvern
    • Tropical Crystal wyvern
    • Ember Crystal wyvern (one of my favorites because it looks amazing)
    • Voidwyrm (also love this one)
    • Zombie Lightning Wyvern
    • Zombie Fire wyvern
    • Zombie Poison wyvern
    • Ice wyvern (one of the most beautiful looking wyverns)

4 hours ago, wizard03 said:

level 348 poison wyvern. 

Dang! That's a high level. Was it any good in terms of stats? I personally like the ember crystal wyverns and lightning wyverns (voidwyrms look amazing, but their breath is sadly lacking in power) Both look amazing, with lightning wyverns coming in beautiful blues (once got a bright blue lightning wyvern-no events). Ember wyverns have a really cool ability and look amazing, especially with those colors...

22 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Dang! That's a high level. Was it any good in terms of stats? I personally like the ember crystal wyverns and lightning wyverns (voidwyrms look amazing, but their breath is sadly lacking in power) Both look amazing, with lightning wyverns coming in beautiful blues (once got a bright blue lightning wyvern-no events). Ember wyverns have a really cool ability and look amazing, especially with those colors...

It was a time before I truly understood the stat system, but if I remember correctly, 1500 stamina, which was really nice to zoom vroom across the map. 

56 minutes ago, Griffin998 said:

*cue wise nod* Yeah, wyverns are super fun to use. Only part is stealing the eggs, but that's worth it.

Zombie wyvern.......I had to kill dodo wyvern :P
But as for the egg stealing, first time I did it, I purposely used a junk argy. Somehow got away, alive. Lots of weird ducking and dodging, hiding in cracks to regain stamina, and a couple of super close calls, but somehow manage to do it without dying. 

Now its only happened one other time, but the rest of the time I either died or used another wyvern to get the job done.
With that said, there was one time I had to kill a wyvern while using my super argy to get away on Fjordor.....The argy was a bloody mess, but we did it. A level 190 of course. x.x

18 hours ago, wizard03 said:

but the rest of the time I either died or used another wyvern

Yeap, wyverns are the way to go when stealing eggs. Or snow owls, or griffins as well. Rock drakes could be useful too. Desmodus are great at night, because y'know, invisibility. Fjordhawk + respawn candy is excellent as well (one of the best, in fact).

For fighting other wyverns, lightning wyvern is my fav. Though most of my kills are from bites. I figured out a way to take out other wyverns while being hit very little myself. I use lightning in a wyvern fight only when I get a shot at blasting multiple wyverns at once. 

For me, poison is best for safely taking out Gigas. But I dislike using the poison wyvern because it's also the easiest to injure yourself or a tribemate with. 

52 minutes ago, Griffin998 said:

Interesting. I've gotta try that someday. Astrodelphis could probably wipe the whole trench out, or at least lure them away. So many creatures now...

I usually take them out with high damage bites. I go head to head with them at normal flying speed. Then as I close in, I hit the gas pedal and speed up. This usually throws off their attack timing so I get a solid bite in as I pass them by and their attack ends up missing me because it's mistimed. Once you practice it, you can close on them and bite them pretty consistently without taking damage. It's darn fun also.  

Don't really use wyverns as much these days but back in the day when I still did pvp I tended to lean towards zombie lightnings and poisons. While they lack in the imprint department they're faster than their common kin and hit hard enough that pre-wyvern breeding they were a viable if rare and hard to acquire mount. In terms of just general wyvern enjoyment is pretty fond of the aesthetics and utility of ice wyverns.

11 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

They're roughly on par with crystal wyverns in terms of size and speed. That little bit of speed could really make a difference when fighting a guy on a standard wyvern.

Very interesting. So are their drag weights also on par (just out of curiosity)? Could you net them?

21 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Molto interessante. Quindi anche i loro pesi di trascinamento sono alla pari (solo per curiosità)? Potresti metterli in rete?

416 x Zombie Wyrm

https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Zombie_Wyvern

416 x Crystal Wyrm

https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Crystal_Wyvern

416 x Original Wyrm

https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Poison_Wyvern

555 x Void Wyrm

https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Voidwyrm

Zombie and Cristal are more fast, in particular the TropicalCristal recive the Idrate bonus wi5h water and take other speed. Is my favorite ;)

On 10/18/2022 at 3:30 PM, CosmicSkeleton said:

In terms of just general wyvern enjoyment is pretty fond of the aesthetics and utility of ice wyverns.

I personally find these the easiest to acquire in multiples. If you find a nice high level one with awesome colors it's easy to get them cranking out addional copies of itself. You just lead the wyvern close to one of it's nesting locations, drop a small animal down on the nesting area, and the wyvern will fly in circles around the nesting area for a bit... enough to get a new egg to spawn there. Come back later, collect the egg, then repeat. I think my max copies was 6 once. I found an awesome all blue ice wyvern of high level and kept it laying eggs until I had enough to give to tribe mates that wanted one. 

Archived