Introducing the Tapejara!

Jatheish

5 hours ago, UnvaluedMammal said:

i do like the idea of this creature. but in all honesty it will just add on to the trolling problem, with this they can just sit in the air with a basic rifle and shoot all our animals without even trying. while i like his creature i'm afraid this will do more harm than good.

Use turrets

6 hours ago, UnvaluedMammal said:

i do like the idea of this creature. but in all honesty it will just add on to the trolling problem, with this they can just sit in the air with a basic rifle and shoot all our animals without even trying. while i like his creature i'm afraid this will do more harm than good.

Or you could shoot back? Maybe toss a bola and knock the rider off? if they are high enough and you have people with guns shoot the flyer and try to kill it in the process killing the dino and your attackers... from the description they seem to lack constitution.

1 hour ago, Saegyptiacus said:

So with the low weight how can you expect this thing to carry two people and guns and ammo its already hard on a Pteranodon I can't imagine this.

I'm glad you said it..

Seems very contradictory. Though, if this is a 2 person flyer, I would suspect it to be larger than a Ptera. Which should net a higher base weight than Ptera as well?

Still though.. 2 passengers full of ammo and guns..

29 minutes ago, FantasticGuy1 said:

Uhh @Jat we got a problem here yeh see this was supposed to be teh Pelagornis and the Tapejara could go underwater...

No?

So excited for this creature...

That feature is based on fan want. Pelagornis can land on water, Tapejara can cling to walls. Perhaps they simply haven't decided on a diving bird yet.

14 hours ago, Dispaiir said:

Didn't you say you were Pve? Just confused because why would you need something that could fight.

Fight the environment(wild dinos) hence PVE. The Ptera and Argy both can be used to take down wild dinos in cases of gathering resources and base protection. A ptera is my mount of choice because I can fight or run away. If the Tapejara is no good or incapable or fighting in flight its worthless to me personally. It would be a waste to mount to a cliff or tree and fire weapons at a wild dino when I could just use a ptera or argy to kill a wild dino without wasting ammo. I'm not saying that every dino has to be created to my needs or anything I'm just saying I'm slightly disappointed it can't fight on its own because it sounds really cool but I won't have much of a use for it.

1 hour ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

Fight the environment(wild dinos) hence PVE. The Ptera and Argy both can be used to take down wild dinos in cases of gathering resources and base protection. A ptera is my mount of choice because I can fight or run away. If the Tapejara is no good or incapable or fighting in flight its worthless to me personally. It would be a waste to mount to a cliff or tree and fire weapons at a wild dino when I could just use a ptera or argy to kill a wild dino without wasting ammo. I'm not saying that every dino has to be created to my needs or anything I'm just saying I'm slightly disappointed it can't fight on its own because it sounds really cool but I won't have much of a use for it.

I see your points but it still may help you for the sake of tranqing wild Dinos just not combatting them.

7 hours ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

I see what you're saying, but it could as Fox said^^ help you tranq wild dinos.

15 hours ago, Fox243 said:

I see your points but it still may help you for the sake of tranqing wild Dinos just not combatting them.

9 hours ago, Dispaiir said:

I see what you're saying, but it could as Fox said^^ help you tranq wild dinos.

True although it wasn't exactly a position that needed filling. It will hopefully make it easier. I just hope the driver has a full 360 rotation while hanging onto something. Not just a 180 forward with the passenger with 180 backwards. Also can the tapejara hang facing the ground or just up towards the sky?

3 hours ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

True although it wasn't exactly a position that needed filling. It will hopefully make it easier. I just hope the driver has a full 360 rotation while hanging onto something. Not just a 180 forward with the passenger with 180 backwards. Also can the tapejara hang facing the ground or just up towards the sky?

I think it can land any way it wants on a wall/cliff/tree.

On 6/9/2016 at 4:54 AM, DaEndGame said:

"no good for fighting, just good for transporting soldiers" to a degree yes, in fighting it isn't a good creature for attack, but the ability for both riders too shoot from the saddle gives it makes up it. Though on the note of the useless in PVE I agree. War dino's are useless on PVE, except for transport and taming.

One could say that in PVE many dinos are useless.  But I would bag on them adding a PvP dino as they are adding in other dinos for PvE.  The Diplo is completely useless in PvP.