• Administrator

large.5758db84034bf_Dossier_Tapejara(1).jpg

Common Name: Tapejara
Species: Tapejara Imperator
Time: Cretaceous
Diet: Carnivorous
Temperament: Skittish

Wild

Tapejara Imperator is a marvel to watch in the wild. It has astonishing agility compared to the Island’s other flyers thanks in large part to the rudder-like fin that extends from its snout to the back of its skull.

Initially, I’d thought the fin was simply composed of keratin, but closer inspection has led me to believe that it is actually some kind of sensory organ. Not only, does it decrease Japejara’s turning radius even at high speeds, but it apparently provides Tapejara with extra information to help it fly through the air with unparalleled grace. I've even seen Tapejara hover and strafe side-to-side in the air without moving forward at all. It’s quite remarkable. The creature also makes effective use of razor-sharp claws to catch onto surfaces such as the trunks of tall trees, holding its position indefinitely.

Domesticated

Warlike tribes appear to consider Tapejara the equivalent of a versatile rotor aircraft, capable of rapid positional changes and aggressive agility. 

When domesticated the Tapejara is typically outfitted with a unique dual-rider saddle, enabling a passenger to wield handheld weaponry while the pilot takes the reins. And when the Tapejara is latched onto a surface, both the passenger and pilot are able to make full use of their weapons together.

Evidently what this skittering creature lacks in distance-stamina, constitution, and weight carrying capacity, it makes up for in maneuverability and combat versatility.

View full article

Yes this creature sounds really cool with its agility and maneuverability but I'm guessing this is going to be just like the diplo. No good for fighting just good for transporting soldiers... Makes it another useless dino for us pve players. The only positive thing I can think of is maybe now being able to attach above an agressive tame and shoot under you with your tranq darts or arrows solo. Although why would this be any better than just using your current flying mount to lure the tame to a cliff or rock? I'll add one more positive note saying maybe it could be used as a flying taxi but still I want something that can fight.

4 hours ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

Yes this creature sounds really cool with its agility and maneuverability but I'm guessing this is going to be just like the diplo. No good for fighting just good for transporting soldiers... Makes it another useless dino for us pve players. The only positive thing I can think of is maybe now being able to attach above an agressive tame and shoot under you with your tranq darts or arrows solo. Although why would this be any better than just using your current flying mount to lure the tame to a cliff or rock? I'll add one more positive note saying maybe it could be used as a flying taxi but still I want something that can fight.

"no good for fighting, just good for transporting soldiers" to a degree yes, in fighting it isn't a good creature for attack, but the ability for both riders too shoot from the saddle gives it makes up it. Though on the note of the useless in PVE I agree. War dino's are useless on PVE, except for transport and taming.

8 hours ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

Didn't you say you were Pve? Just confused because why would you need something that could fight.

4 hours ago, UnvaluedMammal said:

i do like the idea of this creature. but in all honesty it will just add on to the trolling problem, with this they can just sit in the air with a basic rifle and shoot all our animals without even trying. while i like his creature i'm afraid this will do more harm than good.

What about Quetzal platforms? Or just cover them up.