Shoulder pets bite my tames.

SarahMonette

tldr:  Let shoulder pets also know your tame is unconscience.

I want to keep my shoulder pet (monkey or otter) set to attack-my-target so if something torpors me it will fight for me while I'm down.  But if I stop to tame anything I have to keep setting the shoulder pet back to passive.  My other pets seem to know if I am taming something they don't attack it.  Please do this for shoulder pets also or they bite the tame I am taming.  They should know when a tame is unconscious as well.  I do not want to add them to the whistle group every time or they will run off to join the whistle group when I am downed not stay on me to defend me.  So I must set shoulder pet to follow me then do not adhere to the group commands but then I must always be taking it off my shoulder I don't have time for that might be under attack.  

Just whistle passive long enough to shove food into the prospective tame and immediately reset it to attack my target/neutral after. In my experience doing so resets their aggro and whatever you may have rode to get to your new tame won't aggro either since the downed creature isn't attacking. As far as the shoulder pet's AI is concerned you're still in combat unless you toggle their stance so it's about the only quick way to solve the issue at the moment.

Archived