Alpha Carno Calamities

Arkbad

On 10/5/2022 at 3:29 AM, Arkbad said:

So there is a level 3 alpha carno I’m thinking of taking down. The problem is, I’ve never done it before. So I’m curious, will 4 Carnos, the lowest level 15, and the highest being 29 be enough to take it down? Or should I also use my Baryonyx, who is level 15, and my crossbow? The photo shows everything I have, so if you can point out which ones I should use, that’d be great! Also, if there are more than one, probably call them by their names vs. their level so I can differentiate them easier, if it’s clear enough to read. Also, the Pteranodon I’m riding is level 102.2B935006-92F6-40EB-906B-969470840BE7.jpeg.1b7033744ff0180263cbb4278078cc08.jpeg

What happened? Are you alive? :)

PS: have you some PlantX Seed?

With the changes to the way dinos agro/path, you can trap a alpha carno in a stone 1x2 and it will not eat the walls. It pretty much flees the entire time its in the box, you can stand on the ramp and pike it til its dead. This works with raptors as well but they are harder to hit since they are smaller. They will attack if you get right up on the edge of the ramp or jump/fall in, so keep that in mind. The hardest part is getting it in the box, they love to run up the ramp and jump over the box.

On 10/4/2022 at 9:29 PM, Arkbad said:

So there is a level 3 alpha carno I’m thinking of taking down. The problem is, I’ve never done it before. So I’m curious, will 4 Carnos, the lowest level 15, and the highest being 29 be enough to take it down? Or should I also use my Baryonyx, who is level 15, and my crossbow? The photo shows everything I have, so if you can point out which ones I should use, that’d be great! Also, if there are more than one, probably call them by their names vs. their level so I can differentiate them easier, if it’s clear enough to read. Also, the Pteranodon I’m riding is level 102.2B935006-92F6-40EB-906B-969470840BE7.jpeg.1b7033744ff0180263cbb4278078cc08.jpeg

I usualy use fliers, Argi or pt.

You can land on a rock that it's height allows you to get close and hit the alpha without taking any damage.

6 hours ago, Moonie1 said:

With the changes to the way dinos agro/path, you can trap a alpha carno in a stone 1x2 and it will not eat the walls. It pretty much flees the entire time its in the box, you can stand on the ramp and pike it til its dead. This works with raptors as well but they are harder to hit since they are smaller. They will attack if you get right up on the edge of the ramp or jump/fall in, so keep that in mind. The hardest part is getting it in the box, they love to run up the ramp and jump over the box.

Really? I've never heard of this. Interesting...

Good luck with your alphas, and happy ARKing!

So, here’s what ended up happening; I was not able to even fight it. The reason I wanted to was in order to get the Skeletal Carno skin. Of course, I needed to have Fear Evolved activated, but it wasnt working for me, so I decided I’d just wait and get some more tames. But then, the worst possible thing happened. My whole game was deleted for an unexplainable reason. Every last bit. This keeps happening to me over and over, it’s like a curse. I get so far, get so many good tames, and then all my hard work is just, poof, gone. Also, I decided to take a break from ark after a little while of taming to work on a ‘hyper-realisitic’ costume, modeled after the demogorgon. The hands bend with my joints perfectly, but everthing else just fits a little weird. It’s mainly made of cardboard and saran wrap. So while I’m building my game up again for the 5th time, what do you think of it?

Even though it’s out of my control what my game does sometimes, I feel like I let you guys down. I’m sorry :(

DCFD6ECF-F963-4B80-BD89-449F19D294D4.jpeg

397E9002-E242-4940-8C25-BD772FD144DB.jpeg

3 hours ago, Arkbad said:

My whole game was deleted for an unexplainable reason.

Oh noooooooooo! It would have been better to go out in a blaze of glory - rather than be voided by rubbish code or a failing hard disk. Sorry.
Dunno what version / platform you on - but if you single player, make backups of your save games every so once in a bit. If I am playing regularly I make a backup maybe once a week. On steam version, copy or zip this whole directory to make a backup: steam/steamapps/common/Ark/ShooterGame/Saved/ I cant really speak to other platforms or even the windows version, but the principle is the same.
Speaking of failing hard disk - if you are repeatedly getting this kind of fail, it might be a good thought to check that your disk ain't on its last legs. There are a bunch of google help on how to do that.
Your costume looks pretty cool - but way complex!!!! Good luck with that!
And lastly thanks for posting. Both the initial post and the final very sad outcome. Your initial post entertained a bunch of peeps here!

17 hours ago, Arkbad said:

Even though it’s out of my control what my game does sometimes, I feel like I let you guys down. I’m sorry :(

It's absolutely no problem whatsoever. #Arked, huh? Also, yeah-the whole discussion has been very entertaining. By the way, love your costume! That looks amazing...You could totally jumpscare anyone with that. Just jump out of a dark closet and yell...anything. ;)

Good luck on your costume and getting your progress back, and happy ARKing!

My first alpha carno (I think it was an alpha carno) was right next to my base camp (large area surrounded by spike walls-not a real structure, just sort of an open area). I had a plan. I would bear trap it and then proceed to kill it with my longneck (or something like that). I logged off for the day (singleplayer) and I guess I changed the level and dino wiped or something, and the alpha had disappeared completely the next day. Very weird.

Good luck killing alphas, and happy ARKing!

Archived