Alpha Carno Calamities

Arkbad

So there is a level 3 alpha carno I’m thinking of taking down. The problem is, I’ve never done it before. So I’m curious, will 4 Carnos, the lowest level 15, and the highest being 29 be enough to take it down? Or should I also use my Baryonyx, who is level 15, and my crossbow? The photo shows everything I have, so if you can point out which ones I should use, that’d be great! Also, if there are more than one, probably call them by their names vs. their level so I can differentiate them easier, if it’s clear enough to read. Also, the Pteranodon I’m riding is level 102.2B935006-92F6-40EB-906B-969470840BE7.jpeg.1b7033744ff0180263cbb4278078cc08.jpeg

I agree, the crossbow is prolly best, however that steggo might work too if you can position it ontop of a very steep hill and time your attacks with the knock back effect. However never underestimate an alpha if your not too familiar with em....If you want, you could spam a couple stone pillars, foundations, spikes just under a cliff, start attacking the carno from the top of the cliff, and if your lucky, he might start attacking those spam structures, letting you farm him.

3 hours ago, Arkbad said:

I’ll probably use the pillars along with my crossbow, but I’m also at the advantage of it being by the water, and having a Bary and my Sarcos, I think I could get away before running out of stamina. But I’ll probably use the spamming tactic.

if you could lure it into the water your bary could stunlock it with the spin attack

On 10/5/2022 at 3:29 AM, Arkbad said:

So there is a level 3 alpha carno I’m thinking of taking down. The problem is, I’ve never done it before. So I’m curious, will 4 Carnos, the lowest level 15, and the highest being 29 be enough to take it down? Or should I also use my Baryonyx, who is level 15, and my crossbow? The photo shows everything I have, so if you can point out which ones I should use, that’d be great! Also, if there are more than one, probably call them by their names vs. their level so I can differentiate them easier, if it’s clear enough to read. Also, the Pteranodon I’m riding is level 102.2B935006-92F6-40EB-906B-969470840BE7.jpeg.1b7033744ff0180263cbb4278078cc08.jpeg

OK - after you try the "passive taming" above ( LOL LOL) I personally would really not throw any of the tames you have into direct battle. You may be onto something with the sarcos & the barry in water - but an alpha (yeah even at level 3) is BAD. My thought is that in direct combat all together - your lot will suffer heavy if not 100% loss.

Trap the interloper in a 2 x 2 x 2 door frames with ramps going in, using the petra as a "lure" or kite it. Then shoot it. But bring LOTS of arrows!

8 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Nothing like a Theri on the beach to wreak a Bob's day.

aye. The worst part is I took like 4 or 5 hours "prepping"....narco from sratch, arrows, extra bow's......I still can't remember if we actually knocked him out or if we accidentally killed him, but if I remember correctly we did, it was allmost dead, but it was wakeing up super fast. So keep him "asleep" we kept punching him and thats how he died in the end. XD

On 10/5/2022 at 3:29 AM, Arkbad said:

So there is a level 3 alpha carno I’m thinking of taking down.

Never mind all the rubbish (wanted to type a different word - but the forum wont let me) spoke above - how did this turn out - We want to know if passive tame worked? Or the sea was your friend? Or did you have enough arrows? .......

Def. use bary or sarco. Arrows will work, but I've had some...experiences with trying that. Maybe use a longneck if you can. Expensive, but efficient and low-risk. The sarco could totally take it down in water. Just swim out a little and wait. Otherwise, maybe use the bary and a longneck out on water. Just stay on the surface, and you'll be fine. OR, passive tame it. Just don't forget to sneak up on it and punch it before you start to get its attention ;). Also, a story-I used a stego once against an alpha raptor outside my base. It had the 50% reduction and everything, and probably had ~1000-2000 health. I had ~200 by the time I was done. Oh, and the alpha was lvl 1. Do not mess with an alpha, no matter how low it's level is, unless you know you can kill it.

Anyway, good luck and happy ARKing!

Archived