RANDOM PILLARS EVERYWHERE

MadoOnly

On 10/3/2022 at 4:31 PM, MadoOnly said:

How to remove these annoying pillars that players put in the server? how to report? can we remove them? it's getting really annoying, players are just spamming it left and right. 

Pillars are a standard method for tribes to protect their land for various reasons. We all understand that it feels to you like it's a problem that doesn't have any benefit, but once you get to know the game more you'll understand why people do it.

Having said that, some tribes to get excessive and pillar more area than they should. You can submit tickets about it, but before you do you need to understand that pillars are a standard part of the game and there are good reasons why it happens.

Pillar spam is a fact of life on official (especially PVE) servers (on PVP you can attack someone else's structures). As Pipinghot said above, there *are* good reasons for pillars in some instances. As they said, most people use them to keep strangers from building on or too close to their bases (though unfortunately a significant number of players will use pillars to claim far more land than their fair share, or to keep anyone from building within five *miles* of their base....some even take it to grief levels by deliberately surrounding someone's base with pillars to keep them from building up/out at all, that IS reportable so if it happens to you take screenshots/details etc and open a ticket and usually they'll delete those pillars). I've even seen cases where an alpha tribe pillared large chunks of map and then 'sold' it to people wanting a spot for a base (but thankfully that's rare).

Other times people will put pillars to protect spawn points either for valuable resources or dinos (so some newbie to the game doesn't plop down their starter hut and destroy a spino spawn point for example). But I do agree pillars are excessive on official servers and there should be a better system in place so at least new players can put down a campfire. Starting on especially Fjordur is entertaining when you're running around frantically trying to find a spot that will allow you to build a fire before you freeze to death XD

That said if the pillaring frustrates you too much, you can always play single-player or unofficial servers. I've seen quite a few of the latter where pillaring is closely monitored and someone being too greedy is kicked.

Play PVP - then you can (if you survive long enough) nuke their damn pillars.

Yeah PVP can be toxic - but for me - I would far rather have a (remote) chance at whacking this kind of stuff than the PVE "plan" of truing to get your dude to live long enough to escape the vast set of buildings extant on the map to a place where you can build Ok.

But PVP will trouble you as well. It can be kinda toxic.

A lot of comments on this forum go around unofficial servers - the best answer for me - over MANY years is a to run your own server - and if you want the interaction of peeps, then make it a public server. After you been consistently up, you will get some random dudes that make your server home .... I unfortunately live in South Africa, and over the last several years the electrics here has been very iffy and I don't have the UPS infrastructure to deal with 8 hours of zero power in a day. However - before this went well pear shaped, I had a bunch of peeps playing on my "cluster". And the game was cool ...........

Archived