Options wheel will not appear on my Giga!

Fratzfamily

It's not just proximity, it's angle and I think a few other weird things, I think one time I couldn't get it to appear because it was to close to a gate or some other structure. Try jumping on and ridding it somewhere, see if you can get the option wheel from its back. See if you can cryopod and deploy somewhere.

Is this a solo tribe?  Or are you in a tribe with other people?  If someone else unpodded it, it could show them as the owner and not you.  That could limit your ability to access things on it.  Repodding and unpodding should change ownership if that's the case, @sjskdjkfa  's suggestion is solid advice in any case.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Fratzfamily said:

Single Player.  Is there a cheat to name a dino?

If you are playing on single player, I'm sorta lost on thinking what could be getting in the way.  It might be helpful for us to see pictures of the problem from your perspective.  Seeing the name over the dino might help spot something, any tribe governance settings that might have accidentally changed, and the picture of the wheel menu you are seeing minus the options tab in it.  

Since it seems like you might be on xbox, I'm not positive how you get pictures over to here with it, when I'm not using steam for pictures - I post mine to discord chat threads when I want to repost a link here.

I know for sure when we change ownership rules and dinos are unpodded by my tribemate, the options menu goes away for me.  Repodding and pulling back out changes ownership back to me and makes it accessible again.  But since you are on single player, we might have to dig around a little to figure this out.

May I ask what map you are having this problem on ?  Is the giga wild tamed? Spawned using any commands?

I'm not sure on a command for changing names, I'm not seeing one for dinos, only players and tribes. 

2 hours ago, Fratzfamily said:

My son's character had tamed her, so I used admin command "givetome"  and the wheel appeared.  Thanks for all the help!!!!!

That sounds like you have your tribe settings to personally owned. If you care about this, you can change the tribe settings so that anyone in the tribe has the ability to name animals no matter who tamed them.

Archived