why do i swim so fast?

cyrax76

I read somewhere that the oxygen increase is also incresing the swimming speed. I put some point on oxygen (no multiplier), and now i'm swimming faster than an imprinted ichthyosaurus (non dedicated server). How is that possible? I alsó checked GameUserSettings.ini for OxygenSwimSpeedStatMultiplier, but it's set to 1. How can i fix this?

20 minutes ago, cyrax76 said:

i set it to very low (0.000500) but for some reason it doesn't affected the speed, it's the same very fast swim speed. I also used mindwipe tonic add a few points to oxygen, same very fast swim speed.

what map are you doing this on?  If you are doing this on Genesis One , that map is boosted on swim speed in the Ocean zone.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, cyrax76 said:

i set it to very low (0.000500) but for some reason it doesn't affected the speed, it's the same very fast swim speed. I also used mindwipe tonic add a few points to oxygen, same very fast swim speed.

Sometimes really small numbers like that aren't calculated. Try 0.1 or 0.01.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, cyrax76 said:

ok, looks like deleting the GameUserSettings.ini solves the problem

On non-dedicated sessions (aka listen servers), defining the following setting (ListenServerTetherDistanceMultiplier) :

62gpTkG.png

To any value that is >= 100000, will result in the swimming speed (OxygenSwimSpeedStatMultiplier) being overridden and defined to ListenServerTetherDistanceMultiplier - 100000. For example, if that setting is set to 200000, then the swimming speed will effectively be set to 100000, etc. In short, don't set the tether to anything above 99999 and your swimming speed won't be affected when hosting a non-dedicated session.

• 1 month later...

So theres this really funny glitch, if you log onto crystal isles on a non-dedicated session and try to swim on a land creature you become the fastest being in existence, Thought the wyvern heirs were fast? too bad I'm already half way across the map. Tropeognathus seem like a fast creature? lol my giga can go corner to corner of the map within 10 seconds, Ik it's a bug that probally should be fixed, but it's quite funny and will probally stay there for a while anyway. now if you do want to abuse this glitch for the fastest parasaur you've ever seen, be careful, as it may throw you in the ocean, don't worry, the jellyfish won't get you before your on the other side of the map, and then on the other side but, if you do manage to land of the surface, 1, don't take fall damage, 2. know your true power for travelling, and 3. be sure to walk your rexes to an obelisk as it is hilarious to see all of them swim toward you as they start to accelerate to Mach 12. (does not work with humans)

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, Lagonbreezey said:

So theres this really funny glitch, if you log onto crystal isles on a non-dedicated session and try to swim on a land creature you become the fastest being in existence, Thought the wyvern heirs were fast? too bad I'm already half way across the map. Tropeognathus seem like a fast creature? lol my giga can go corner to corner of the map within 10 seconds, Ik it's a bug that probally should be fixed, but it's quite funny and will probally stay there for a while anyway. now if you do want to abuse this glitch for the fastest parasaur you've ever seen, be careful, as it may throw you in the ocean, don't worry, the jellyfish won't get you before your on the other side of the map, and then on the other side but, if you do manage to land of the surface, 1, don't take fall damage, 2. know your true power for travelling, and 3. be sure to walk your rexes to an obelisk as it is hilarious to see all of them swim toward you as they start to accelerate to Mach 12. (does not work with humans)

@Lagonbreezey Merged your thread here. You can find the cause of this in the previous post.

2 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Huh. How do you make an SP world a server? I've been trying to do this for ages, since I want transfers, but I unwittingly made my main world an SP world.

Do you mean sharing your SP world as a non-dedicated server, or do you mean converting your SP world into a dedicated server?

On 11/24/2022 at 1:42 AM, Griffin998 said:

Converting. I assume you mean sharing as in multiplayer, and I (disappointingly) don't have Xbox Live.

And just to make sure I'm correctly understanding your question, are you asking how to do the install of a dedicated server, or are you asking how to convert your files from single-player to dedicated-server after you have figured out how to do the server install?

6 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

This. Also, I play on Xbox One, fyi.

Thanks for confirming.

The short version is that you'll copy files from the directory that contains your single-player game into the directory where your dedicated server is installed.

The long version is...

1) Finding where your single player directories are located:

The location where all of the single-player directories are stored is ..\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArksLocal, the catch is that I don't know where the beginning of that path is located for you because I don't know the default locations for games to be installed on XBox, but I can give you a couple of examples that will help you get there.

If you're on a PC using Steam, the directory path looks something like this:  ..\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArksLocal

If you're on a PC using Epic games the directory path looks something like this ..\Epic Games\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArksLocal

Considering that XBox uses default locations that look a lot like Windows PC, I'm thinking your path will be something like:

C:\Program Files\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArksLocal

or

C:\Program Files (x86)ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArksLocal

2) The exact name depends on which map you're using:

Single-player maps are contained in directories with names like "TheCenterSavedArksLocal" and "ScorchedEarth_PSavedArksLocal", the exception to this is that Island single-player maps are located in "SavedArksLocal". It would have been nice if WC had named this "TheIslandSavedArksLocal", but they didn't. I guess when they were originally designing the game it didn't occur to them that they would be adding more maps and need more directories.

Examples of full path:

The Island = ..\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArksLocal

Ragnarok = ..\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\RagnarokSavedArksLocal

3) Contents of the single-player directory

Inside each directory you're going to see saved files for a) the map, b) tribes, c) characters - and since this is single-player you should only see files for one tribe and one character.

For example, in my SP diretory for The Center ( ..\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\TheCenterSavedArksLocal ) there are the following files:

1071071071.arktribe

1071071071.tribebak (the automatic backup file for the tribe file)

LocalPlayer.arkprofile

LocalPlayer.profilebak (the automatic backup file for the character file)

TheCenter.ark

TheCenter_AntiCorruptionBackup.bak

TheCenter_NewLaunchBackup.bak

If you have been hosting other people by running your single-player game as a non-dedicated server, then you're going to have additional character files and maybe even additional tribe files.

There's one catch here - your personal character file, I'm pretty sure, is just going to have that name "LocalPlayer.arkprofile", because you are the single-player that is hosting the map for other people. But when you start running your map as a dedicated server the player files have numbers in them that will look something like this: 12345678901234567.arkprofile. On Steam they are 17-digit identifiers, I'm not sure what they are on XBox. You are definitely going to need to know what your personal identifier number is when you copy your character to your dedicated server. The easiest way to find out this number is to install your dedicated server, log in like you normally would on any XBox ARK map, create a new character, and then look in your dedicated server save directory to see what the ID number is on the character file that gets created. Write it down some place, because you're always going to want to know what your ARK-XBox character file number is.

4) Which files do you need to copy?

a) The map file

TheCenter.ark

You can copy the AntiCorruptionBackup and NewLaunchBackup files if you want to, but you won't need them. The server will create new copies of map backup files when it needs to.

b) The character files.

When you copy your personal character file you will also need to rename it so that it uses your XBox/ARK ID on the dedicated server (in other words, something like "copy LocalPlayer.arkprofile 12345678901234567.arkprofile"

c) The tribe files

if you don't copy the tribe files your map will be covered with buildings that are not owned by any tribe, and your characters won't be in a tribe. If it looks like there are more tribe files than the number of tribes on your single-player map, don't worry about it, just copy all of them anyway.

5) Where do you copy them to?

The path to your dedicated server will be established by you when you do the install. You have make sure that you choose where it installs and that you will be able to remember how to find it in the future. If you're installing a dedicated server on an XBox (is that even possible?) there will probably be a default choice during the installation, just make sure you know where it is.

My dedicated server is installed on a Linux server, but the server install will look very similar on any platform.

../arkdedicated/ShooterGame/Saved

If you are ever going to play more than one map on your dedicated server you will want to have separate directories for each map, and this means you will need to include this in your server startup command (but you'll learn more about that as you do the server install).

For example, under my Saved directory I have:

../arkdedicated/ShooterGame/Saved/Center

So if I was copying from my single-player to the Saved directory for my The Center map it would look something like this:

copy C:\ProgramFiles\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\TheCenterSavedArksLocal/TheCenter.ark D:/arkdedicated/ShooterGame/Saved/Center

copy C:\ProgramFiles\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\TheCenterSavedArksLocal/LocalPlayer.arkprofile D:/arkdedicated/ShooterGame/Saved/Center/12345678901234567.arkprofile

copy C:\ProgramFiles\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\TheCenterSavedArksLocal/1071071071.arktribe D:/arkdedicated/ShooterGame/Saved/Center/

Obviously the exact names of everything will depend on how things are named on your computers, but hopefully this will give you a good idea of what you'll need to do once you have the server installed.

3 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Okay then. So I'm pretty sure the Xbox has a "files" app, so I assume that's where the files are. So from there, do I do this on a PC or on the Xbox itself? Also, from what I understand, one must have a server already created? I'm new to all of this stuff, so please excuse my ignorance.

I hope this comes across the right way, but trying to teach you all of that stuff is too much for just forum posts. In addition, I'm only making educated guesses about how the XBox works. I've never owned any XBox's, I've been told that under the hood they're basically just like windows, but I've never worked on one myself.

In terms of more general advice, you're putting the cart before the horse. First you have to figure out where you're going to install a dedicated server, then you have to learn how to install it, configure it, and manage it... and only then can you make an attempt at converting your single-player to a dedicated server. As the saying goes, you have to walk before you can run.

If you're serious about creating a dedicated server you're going to need to spend some time learning more about your XBox (including how to find and copy files) and you're going to need to look at some guides and learn more about how servers are installed and configured. Maybe you can install a dedicated server on an XBox, maybe not, I don't know, but if you can't then you're going to need a separate computer running Windows or Linux, or use one of the online services that that let you rent a server and then you will need to learn how to use their web-based server management page to learn the directory structure and how to upload the files to the server that you're renting.

Archived