[center] ruins and caves that have flying disabled should give 10s warning

DiloFodder

some of these areas that have flying disabled (worst i can think of being the large lava cave) ought to give a 10s warning to the person entering the no-fly zone before dismounting them, the large lava cave in particular has claimed the lives of many unaware riders as the area it dismounts you is over a lake of lava. assuming the bird doesn't die after the person is dismounted it's a nightmare to try to recover it, with this in mind the area ought to have at the minimum a 5s warning before dismounting the rider.

2 hours ago, DiloFodder said:

some of these areas that have flying disabled (worst i can think of being the large lava cave) ought to give a 10s warning to the person entering the no-fly zone before dismounting them, the large lava cave in particular has claimed the lives of many unaware riders as the area it dismounts you is over a lake of lava. assuming the bird doesn't die after the person is dismounted it's a nightmare to try to recover it, with this in mind the area ought to have at the minimum a 5s warning before dismounting the rider.

You should put this in the suggestion threadt @DiloFodder.

Also there is a simple solution... Don't use fliers in caves. Going on foot is more fun anyways.

34 minutes ago, Rippy said:

You should put this in the suggestion threadt @DiloFodder.

Also there is a simple solution... Don't use fliers in caves. Going on foot is more fun anyways.

well, for the specified cave you really need a flier or a lot of grappling hooks to get down, that and this is for when someone enters those caves not whether or not it's the recommended method, true it may be more of an adventure on foot but for someone to be punished with instant death and loss of their bird just for flying too far into the cave, it is a bit disappointing the way it is currently setup imo

2 hours ago, DiloFodder said:

well, for the specified cave you really need a flier or a lot of grappling hooks to get down, that and this is for when someone enters those caves not whether or not it's the recommended method, true it may be more of an adventure on foot but for someone to be punished with instant death and loss of their bird just for flying too far into the cave, it is a bit disappointing the way it is currently setup imo

I understand where you are coming from but you should never presume you can fly in a cave.

2 hours ago, Rippy said:

I understand where you are coming from but you should never presume you can fly in a cave.

the trouble is that they have partial flying and no warning to where it ends, i am simply stating that there ought to be some warning, i do not think a warning is an unreasonable request nor would it be difficult to impliment

8 hours ago, DiloFodder said:

But with 10s ppl would abuse this warning system by flying in as fast as possible to a part where they can fly or mount up again, and race out again.

10 hours ago, NukeZX said:

But with 10s ppl would abuse this warning system by flying in as fast as possible to a part where they can fly or mount up again, and race out again.

that's why i said it ought to be a min of 5s in the OP since i could imagine situations where 10s may be too much, if you do get kicked off trying to fly too far in it will be a huge hassle trying to get it back out which discourages trying to race though

Perhaps instead of a warning something that would seem a bit more logical (meaning immersive in this case) could be introduced.

If your flying mount doesn't want to enter an area like that (for whatever reason), it could start to balk and fly erratically... refusing to move forward at all.  Then, if you insist on trying for more than a few seconds, it throws you off.

That way there is not timer abuse, because you can't progress forward anyway.

I'm thinking of horses when they balk because the footing is treacherous for them, or something ahead is spooking them.

14 hours ago, Rippy said:

I agree with the OP. On the center, what is a cave and what is not is not at all obvious. One ruin that looks almost exactly like another one just a minutes walk away are different. The one that has a vertical entrance in the back to a "real" cave allows no flying inside the ruin. The other does. 

I like the idea of a count down timer appearing at the top or a visual barrier that you pass through, although that would be annoying if you have a base inside and you are going past it a lot unless it is easy to see through the barrier.

Archived