Friend can't join my non dedicated server.

cyrax76

How far can he get into the loading process? If he gets all the way to where he would normally load into the world before he drops out again, what usually helps is killing the survivor (organic poly or drowning). Then he can respawn normally. I've had that both in games where I was hosting and where I was the client player.

I'm having the same issue, tried multiple things and read multiple things that people have posted and yet cant seem to get it to work, i loaded ARK up on my second computer to try and join my other account and see if it would work (both on epic games) and it gets constant timeout connection, then i even tried joining random person game where i saw others in it and cant join them either

In terms of a dedicated server (yeah I know you guys aint doing this - but), there are a bunch of dodgy settings in the server launch that is required to enable Epic join .... I wonder if this stuff is "automagic" in the Epic version of non-dedicated launch. On steam the non-dedicated launch pretty much takes the normal game "startup" config. But to ALLOW epic joins on a dedicated, there are things like "multihome" (and other stuff that has slipped through the sieve that I call a brain right now) which are required.

So has non-dedicated EVER worked on Epic?

After doing the hard google to go find those special Epic enabled host parameters and putting them into your (single player startup before you get to choose "host server") Ark launch instruction does it still fail?

Maybe an issue w Epic is what I am getting at.

Archived