A problem I came across...

RoelOut

Today, as of writing this, me and my father sat down to get the extinction dlc only to later find out that is wasn't available on the PS4 store. He then bought the Ultimate Survivor edition to which I later found out it just downloaded the Base game. Wildcard if you see this can you do something about this. 

17 minutes ago, RoelOut said:

Today, as of writing this, me and my father sat down to get the extinction dlc only to later find out that is wasn't available on the PS4 store. He then bought the Ultimate Survivor edition to which I later found out it just downloaded the Base game. Wildcard if you see this can you do something about this. 

Weird, you should have been able to buy the base game for $6.59 right now. That and the season one game pass should have only set you back $19.  Get your money back? and rebuy the discounted versions?

They just didn't install I guess. I'll tell you what I saw. I launched the game and immediately on the home screen it showed the Gen 2 title screen, I thought "oh it must have worked," I go into host / local to boot up extinction and it said 0% progress and I could hover over it, I thought "maybe I need to complete The Island," so I started playing The Island, and I went out to change the dino character food drain so things would tame faster and I could hover over the Story ARKs but it came up with the message: "This DLC has no been downloaded"

On 9/24/2022 at 6:58 PM, RoelOut said:

They just didn't install I guess. I'll tell you what I saw. I launched the game and immediately on the home screen it showed the Gen 2 title screen, I thought "oh it must have worked," I go into host / local to boot up extinction and it said 0% progress and I could hover over it, I thought "maybe I need to complete The Island," so I started playing The Island, and I went out to change the dino character food drain so things would tame faster and I could hover over the Story ARKs but it came up with the message: "This DLC has no been downloaded"

Im unsure of how similar the xbox version to the PS version is, but you will need to wait for each map to download, and in the case of the xbox, I had to urge the console to look for any updates. When it did, hoo boy......you may actually have to wait an entire day to download each map, then you will have to wait for each map to download its own "up to date" patch.

All in all, I swear I had to swim through 500-700 gb of data to download everything proper. Maybe even closer to a terrabyte.

Good news is once its all done, you should be good for awhile. Well, maybe till the halloween event.

Thank you for the insight, I'll have to check on it next weekend though due to school, of course, but hopefully what you said will help. Also it probably will work since when I booted up ARK this morning the title screen showed gen 2's banner and it play the gen 2 theme, also the fact I got the Noglin chiby, the mini HLN-A Skin and the Poglin hat skin makes me think the same after what you said, I guess I'm just waiting for the Thorny dragon saddle skin, and the Ravager saddle skin.

11 hours ago, RoelOut said:

Last weekend my father payed $50 for the ultimate survivor edition and I don't have every map. It also says on the PS store that all of the map dlcs are sold out. WILDCARD Please give me some guidance or something this is just so annoying.

Im not exactly sure if this is the place to be asking help directly from wildcard. This is more of talking to other players and see if they delt with the same problem, have advice on certain topics, or want to post interesting ideas. No one from wildcard actually see's any of this.
ntop of that, Im fearful you will get the run around....."Not our problem, you need to contact playstaition not us, so forth and so on." And to be honest, it does sound like a playstaition issue here as they are the ones to give you the game to play, and if its not working correctly, it may be their fault, or can guide you to get it properly installed.

Archived