Fishing? Worth It?

DeHammer

Wildcard took the Advanced Fishing Rod out of the game so players would have to depend on cheaters to get blue prints.  When we complained about it they raised the durability on the Primitive Fishing Rod that they left in the game but it still does not fish up blue prints.  The cheaters can spawn in blue prints and dinos any time they want.  And we regular player can no long have a chance at fishing blue prints.  The developers know this.  They are actively supporting the cheaters and damaging Ark's multiplayer dynamics.  We are not allowed to openly discuss this.  

1 hour ago, DeHammer said:

I play on a private server. In the 5+ years I've been playing I've never even seen a fishing pole let alone tried it. Lately I see a lot of referrences to getting good loot by fishing. Is it really worth doing? Should I be 'jumping in' so to speak? 

Well,i play solo the same time in official,just use rods in the valentine event or to prevent honey spoil.

34 minutes ago, SarahMonette said:

Wildcard took the Advanced Fishing Rod out of the game so players would have to depend on cheaters to get blue prints.  When we complained about it they raised the durability on the Primitive Fishing Rod that they left in the game but it still does not fish up blue prints.  The cheaters can spawn in blue prints and dinos any time they want.  And we regular player can no long have a chance at fishing blue prints.  The developers know this.  They are actively supporting the cheaters and damaging Ark's multiplayer dynamics.  We are not allowed to openly discuss this.  

No you suck in official pve.Any player who can breed or trade good dinos to kill or farm alpha mosas/ tusos is a cheater for you.

1 hour ago, SarahMonette said:

I got a good BP or rod (I cant remember which) from killing an alpha squid on official PVE, no cheating.

2 hours ago, DeHammer said:

I play on a private server. In the 5+ years I've been playing I've never even seen a fishing pole let alone tried it. Lately I see a lot of referrences to getting good loot by fishing. Is it really worth doing? Should I be 'jumping in' so to speak? 

Yes, very much yes... You can try it just with a primitive fishing pole before worrying about killing a mosa or tuso for a higher quality rod and still find some really good stuffs.

Id recommend a primitive pole, and useing bee honey as it allows you to catch the largest fish. Catching Sabertooth salmon are  better for BP's as the coelacanth are better for resources. With that said, you will get resources and BP's for any catch. Its just statistically better to go for sabertooth for BP's.
Also, you will notice that the best fish to catch are "more active". They swim faster, are larger, and seem to be impossible to get. As such its a good idea to find a really shallow or small area that the fish can't get too far away from you.

If I had to limit my transfer gear to only 50 items to the next map, nothing else ever again, one of those things would be a high durability pole so I could fish at the next map for some really fat BP's.

5 hours ago, SarahMonette said:

I've never heard of an "Advanced Fishing Rod" .   There is an Ascendant level Fishing rod that can be gained from defeating an Alpha Tuso, and a minor chance at getting one by defeating an Alpha Mosa.   This has been the case for as long as I have played.

Generally speaking, if you are at the point of being able to kill either of these alphas, you already have some good blueprints.   The cost benefit in spending time fishing is very low compared with other ways to get good equipment and blueprints.   The reason it becomes more beneficial for playing on Beginner servers is because of the clamps put on accessing anything not considered beginner.   

Complaining that fishing isn't completely removed from beginner servers is not worth the effort.  THe servers aren't meant to be lived on for long periods of time.  They reset regularly, everything is destroyed.  They don't bother clamping off fishing because it doesn't matter, the beginner servers are for new players to get their feet wet and move on. 

11 hours ago, DeHammer said:

That depends on how much you like fishing. Personally, I've hated fishing in every game I've ever played except one (and this isn't is). If you enjoy fishing in games then yes, it's worth it, but if you dislike fishing in games then it's every bit as bad in ARK as in almost every other game.

Archived