Just saw someone go thru beginner server on saddled gigga and

SarahMonette

THere would be no sense in wasting points on melee.  It would make sense to spend all the points on run speed.   If the player wasn't riding it, they can run pretty fast without stopping because stamina isnt an issue.   Saddles could be had from fishing rod loot.   Its not implausible to do this w/out cheating.

I could outpace a wyvern w/ an imprinted spino.  I'm pretty sure an unridden giga could outrun the spino, hence a giga should be able to out pace a wyvern while on follow.

9 hours ago, SarahMonette said:

they were moving faster than a wyvern.  So fast that if they didn't keep getting stuck on player's bases I wouldn't have been able to see them.  A saddled gigga on a beginner server.  Moving across the map faster than a wyvern flies.  When are you going to stop the cheaters, Wildcard?

Do you understand that this type of "cheating" isn't possible unless the server allows it to happen?

ARK is a server-side game taming, for finding loot, for transferring between server. Therefore:

* they could not have tamed a giga unless the server allowed it, which means it's not cheating. You can't tame something if the game won't let you.

* they could not have a saddle (or a saddle blueprint) unless they found it on a beginner's server. You can't import anything to the server that the server won't allow.

* they could not have spawned in a giga or a saddle unless they had admin right. So in theory it's possible this was just an admin having fun running across the server, but really it's much more likely that someone tame a giga and found a saddle/blueprint.

Just because you don't know how to do it doesn't prove that it's impossible or that it's cheating, all that proves is that you don't know how to do it.

1 minute ago, Melcreif said:

You can also find Giga saddles and BP's in certain drops on Gen2, as well as doing certain missions. Also in Desert drops on Rag and probably on SE.

This discussion is about the beginner servers, which are Island map only, do not allow downloads from other maps, and have a player level cap of 44*.  So while you can tame gigas just fine on the beginner servers, getting a saddle for one requires fishing, IIRC.

*Can go a bit higher with chibi levels.

13 minutes ago, Dreadcthulhu said:

This discussion is about the beginner servers, which are Island map only, do not allow downloads from other maps, and have a player level cap of 44*.  So while you can tame gigas just fine on the beginner servers, getting a saddle for one requires fishing, IIRC.

*Can go a bit higher with chibi levels.

Ah ok. I wasn't aware these maps were isolated to the Island alone. That said, I would imagine you can get Giga Saddles from cave drops as well.

2 hours ago, Melcreif said:

Ah ok. I wasn't aware these maps were isolated to the Island alone. That said, I would imagine you can get Giga Saddles from cave drops as well.

You can't access those drops since there's a level requirement you can't reach.  Fishing is the only way on a beginner server. 

Calling them beginner servers is a bit misleading.  They are very much more difficult and the challenges you can set for yourself are far more difficult to succeed at.

• 3 weeks later...

... advantage of.  You know, those young people who have credit cards.  You need to keep only your active official servers up and running.  Close down the most un-active official servers stop paying money for them.  KEEP THE EVENTS DONT GET RID OF THEM.  Stop doing things that give certain types of bad people advantage over these new young people you brought into the game with your cartoons.  You need an Admin on the official beginner servers or any of the high pop official servers.  That is where the youngest people are gathering to try Ark out for the first time.  That is where those players who take advantage of young people's naivete are.  You need to stop doing things that give those bad players advantage over rest of us.  Making the advanced fishing rod hard to get gives the bad players a leverage.  Taking away events where beginner server got free cryopods or argy saddles gives the bad players a leverage.  Anything that gives those people advantage over new YOUNG naive players feeds the corruption.  

I've warned repeatedly.  I'm going to stop with the warnings and let your "consciences be seared."

Archived