Game play

Celtictrish

It’s sort of obvious that at some point there will be a contraction on the number of official servers. 

if the past is an indicator,  then they most likely will look at closing the least used servers and repurpose or replace and use with the new game.  

It will be spread out over all the different shards so how dramatic the great migration will be is all guessing at this point. 

5 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

It’s sort of obvious that at some point there will be a contraction on the number of official servers. 

if the past is an indicator,  then they most likely will look at closing the least used servers and repurpose or replace and use with the new game.  

It will be spread out over all the different shards so how dramatic the great migration will be is all guessing at this point. 

My hope is if this happens, and my main server is affected, they will give at the very least a months notice.

I have almost 3 years of stuff and dinos in my main base.  It will take forever to move it all.

1 hour ago, NightSnake said:

My hope is if this happens, and my main server is affected, they will give at the very least a months notice.

I have almost 3 years of stuff and dinos in my main base.  It will take forever to move it all.

As I remember it , it was about that.  I don't think it would be any less than a month.  They do take into consideration that not everyone plays every day, or even every weekend.

11 hours ago, Celtictrish said:

I am a newbie and rent ark servers. 

I think that the rental servers will always be available because they are not part of the official server network, they do not give weight to that network and in addition they help to have other players who remain active regardless of the number of official servers that will remain open. I believe that as long as Ark1 is not completely closed and as long as detached servers can be created (eg with Nitrado) there will be no problems in having Server for rent

Also heard rumor they would leave only single player active shut down all of Ark 1 multiplayer.  

I would like more than one month to move if they merge official.  At least three months. 

I've kept pets alive for more than five years by moving from one server to the next.  It's dangerous and scary.  Worse part is if you join a server and people don't want you there start trolling.  But overall the player base has lightened up.  Five years ago people were gross mean and very possessive.  But we all get merged who knows may happen again. 

Biggest trick they play mind games.  "Don't pillar don't pillar" and then when you don't they steal your land.  They still do this.   Happen me on Fjordur.  They report you.  Say you took up to much space all you did was make a path between your hut and the local ore mine.  Or created a bridge across a pond.  The official admin doesn't even bother to consider you have no flying mount you have to keep a walking path open.  Up goes the Mega tribe you can't log in they have 500 rexes out some deranged breeding program.  Or I love the one where they build a gigantic base nothing in it completely empty always.  Here I am my tiny hut all my pets cryo'd still getting reported for a few pillars between my house and the mine.  Well, maybe reported?  I mean they threatened me in chat.  Then my pillars disappeared.  Or perhaps the pillars don't show the right decay anymore?

So if we start merge servers I have to look for a new home could you admin server moderators please stop deleting our pillars.  It's not evil to pillar the land it's so those of us who do not use fliers don't get boxed in unable to do a meat run or w/e.  Leave us be!  Not every report is solid honest.  They're trolls trying to scare us off the land.  Get get their kicks and thrills out of bullying.

As someone who has been playing since early access, rumors about various things have been rampant since the beginning. If you aren't getting the info directly from the devs on Twitter or this forum then you need to see if you can confirm by looking for info from them devs in those 2 places. If you can't confirm from there then you're dealing with pure speculation and you should just ignore it.

On 9/21/2022 at 1:36 PM, Celtictrish said:

I am a newbie and rent ark servers. Just read something that ark 1 unofficial servers will be shut down once ark 2 is up. Is this true?

I seriously doubt they will immediately be shut down, and if you rent your own servers, you will still have it for as long as the people who offer the servers for rent has ark 1 in their library. Typically that will take a couple years before they clear it out of their library. Maybe even longer If there is enough people playing it.

The last online game I seen go to the wayside was tribes Arieal assault for the PS2. It took 4 years after the ps3 was released before the official servers finally died out. And even then private match's still continued for another year or so. 

I run an unofficial server...  I've never seen/heard WildCard talking about shutting down unofficial servers.
I've seen their message about allowing unofficials to run any of the seasonal events (Easter, Summer, Halloween, etc) after the end of 2022, so that tells me unofficials servers will be here for some time.

I run mine from home to keep costs down and I plan to keep it running as long as there are sufficient regulars to justify it. 

• Volunteer Moderator
On 9/21/2022 at 6:36 PM, Celtictrish said:

I am a newbie and rent ark servers. Just read something that ark 1 unofficial servers will be shut down once ark 2 is up. Is this true?

No this is not true, it's just made up rumour.

Wildcard have not stated anything regarding ARK 1's future beyond there being no more events after this year (or after ARK 2 launches).

Archived