Ark2 Breeding and Taming.

ZulunSurvives

I would ask for more taming and less breeding on ark 2.

Breeding is pretty much a passive time consuming process with little to no active gameplay. Its pretty similar to mindless dailies on a MMORPG. There is no real challenge to it asides from the grind itself .

I wont ask for removing it but to make it a more active process aligned to other fun activities in the game and less about investing time in a simple repetitive activity that becomes a job over time.

Maybe instead of pushing an RNG system for a chance of  mutations on the right stats in a very passive process of feeding creatures while waiting it to grow up to breed it again. How about having to hunt down and tame different specimens of the same creature to try combining it later with other ones for a better breed? Pretty much breeding before mutations.  Players could need to combine a rex that have good theet with a rex that have stronger bite muscles to have the ultimate biting rex(decomposing the melee stat in multiple variables).

Thats one suggestion but could be another solution. What I'm asking is for breeding to be a more active/dynamic gameplay that entertains the player better than rolling dices and hoping for getting lucky on mutations. Taming could fit that role .

PVE wise I hear and read a lot people saying that the most fun part of Ark is the beginning and when a new map is released. I guess its due to taming and the seek for the ideal breeding creatures alongside many other active roles that the player usually play only once on the beginning.

I'm pretty sure people likes the rewards that breeding can give, the hunt for good stat creatures but not the breeding process of babysitting.

My suggestion is  trying to make breeding a more horizontal progression with vertical results while also making it a more active experience by increasing the amount of tamings player would have to do and reducing the amount of babysitting.

On the example instead of pushing new mutations on top of a Wild Stat making it a vertical progression,  player would have to hunt for different attributes that combined composes the melee stat, having a horizontal progression with results that will pile up in a vertical way.

But yeah, the main take of is making the breeding process a more active role.

Archived