Dino review: Andrewsarchus

Blackmagic9000

Hello you cheeky scurb lord who kidnapped my poor dodo lola for a ragnarok silicon run, i would like to hear what you guys think about this dino

The utility this guy brings, can i use it for that abb boss fight, is this thing any good and so on! Heck even how would you guys level the thing

Can't wait to hear what your guys take on this dino is, stay safe out there and be nice to my dodo!

honestly it is super underwhelming. sure its fairly easy to tame, however it demands such a supply of ammo that you will be busy for weeks on end just trying to meet the metal and gunpowder demans for a solid supply. And as for a boss fight, you will need not only the saddle BP and supply of ammo, but also will have to work on leveling up a bred and imprinted andrew. Mostly in health, but perhaps even weight.

Its a PVP dino honestly.....Not much else use......Maybe a mobile alpha and giga killer if you want, but you better bring all the ammo for the giga

5 hours ago, wizard03 said:

honestly it is super underwhelming. sure its fairly easy to tame, however it demands such a supply of ammo that you will be busy for weeks on end just trying to meet the metal and gunpowder demans for a solid supply. And as for a boss fight, you will need not only the saddle BP and supply of ammo, but also will have to work on leveling up a bred and imprinted andrew. Mostly in health, but perhaps even weight.

Its a PVP dino honestly.....Not much else use......Maybe a mobile alpha and giga killer if you want, but you better bring all the ammo for the giga

Agree that the ammo is a pain but so is making like 500 shotgun shells for Rockwell so they kinda cancel out. You also need to invest in crafting a high level shotty (which entails finding the BP in the first place) or to get lucky and find a good premade.

All in all I think doing Rockwell w an Andrew could actually be less investment up front.

Disagree with the notion that you need a bred and imprinted Andrew. A high level tame would do just fine imo because you're not actually relying on the Andrew to fight Rockwell like Rexes would in a normal boss fight, its more of a transportation method while avoiding as much damage as possible. 

Not sure if animals can eat cactus broth, but if they can it would actually be really easy provided you have met the ammo needs. Really depends on how much ammo you would need though. If you have a bunch of surplus ammo lying around, say from a raid, Andrew might be viable.

I love andrews. They're fast, early tameable, can dish out some pretty good damage, and can take some good damage in return. The saddle just sweetens the deal even more, with it protecting from dismount (purlovias, microraptors, etc.), protecting from gas ( i think), acting as a submarine, a minigun...Plus, they look really cool, especially mutated with a painted up saddle. The saddle is super cheap, but the only thing is the ammo. But that's not much of a problem once you have a steady source of metal, flint, and stone.

Good luck with your adventures, and happy ARKing!

One nice thing about the Andrewsarchus saddle is that it protects you from radiation; the Andrews are immune as well.  So you can use them to steal rock drake eggs even without having a hazard suit; just hop off, grab egg, hop on again, you will only take a little damage. Granted you will want a strong one or two to fight the drakes off.  

Fun tames. The taming process itself is fairly annoying to me, but they're pretty okay as transport, leveling them can be fun since if you're tired of killing land dinos for EXP you can just take it underwater for some shark hunting and it'll be fine, pretty okay fighters, and that sliding turn makes them good for passing time when you're waiting for server save/last minutes of gestation/whatever. Just galloping-turning-galloping again, nice terrestrial alternative to circling and diving on a griffin or owl.

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2022 at 6:27 PM, Griffin998 said:

I'd personally say either a high level or a mutated or even just an imprinted one would work just fine. Make sure to have a good saddle, and lots of bullets, and you'll be fine.

How does the damage with the gun scale?  Does damage stat matter or is it purely the saddle quality?  I ask because im interested in the hit and run tactic against the dragon since it takes bonus damage from bullets.  Ive heard of ppl wrecking it on raptors using shotguns so i feel like i should be able to cream him with a gatling gun saddle.

Archived