Do u lose Boss engrams When u use mindwipe?

DwaynetheTrader

1. No, you don't lose any engrams whatsoever. All that happens is your stat points get reset, so your engrams are all safe.

2. I'm not sure about the cheaper recipe, but did you get it off an alpha or some sort of creature? If so, then it's probably a rockwell recipe. They're basically cheaper ways to do the same thing, which is good.

Ciao, good luck, and happy ARKing!

1 hour ago, Griffin998 said:

No, you don't lose any engrams whatsoever

...uhh I can't remember for sure but I think I remember the last time I mind wiped I had to go back to extinction to get the engram for element to convert the rest of my dust. Or maybe that was from the "free" mind wipe (a few times over the years I've logged in to a lvl 1 char and all points available to spend again, not sure why those happen.

2 hours ago, DwaynetheTrader said:

I think no but i dont want to risc it so i want to ask if i use mindwipe if it will also forget my tek engramms. Also i found a recip of windwipe but its alot cheaper than what wiki says not sure what that means. Thx for ur help

As to the original question, I'm fairly sure you keep your boss engrams through a mind wipe. I've mind wiped several times over the years, and I think I'd remember if that was an issue. Like 99% sure.. I do have some memory issues though.

2 hours ago, DwaynetheTrader said:

I think no but i dont want to risc it so i want to ask if i use mindwipe if it will also forget my tek engramms. Also i found a recip of windwipe but its alot cheaper than what wiki says not sure what that means. Thx for ur help

Just to be clear:

1) it fully refunds all Engrams and Engram points of the survivor, as well as resetting the survivor's Stats such as Health, Movement Speed, Weight, etc. It sets you back to level 1 (but you keep your XP so you can immediately bump your levels back up again, and choose new engrams to learn.

2) Mindwipe Tonic upon consumption will not clear Tekgrams (so you keep anything you've unlocked from boss fights, mindwipe only clears engrams that you had to spend points to learn).

3) The last time I used one (which has been a while, so this might be out of date) it also wiped engrams that came from other maps, because those engrams cost points to learn. So if you're on a map that doesn't have access to certain engrams you will have to transfer maps, learn the engram again, and then come back to the map you're on.

2 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Never heard of this, nor have I looked twice at a rockwell recipe, so heck if I know... But I thought they were just listed in dollops, dashes, and other such nonsense metrics.

They are, but the dollops and dashes actually do mean something. Not sure exactly what they mean, but I know they mean something.

On 9/12/2022 at 1:18 PM, DwaynetheTrader said:

1.) You will reset all of your stat points, AND engrams except for the tek engrams......tek engrams are permanent to the character. However it will reset your other engrams as well. So if you learned something on scorched earth, then transfer to aberration and take a mind wipe, you cannot make anything that you learned on scorched earth again.
Honestly I wish this wasn't a thing as each story map has its own specific engrams that can only be learned on that particular map, but in most cases you will need resources only found on that map. So its kinda a bummer, but due to other issues, not the end of the world.

2.) While the ingredient list for each recipe from Rockwell is correct, the amount of necessary ingredients is purposely misleading. However as you continue to farm these recipes you will inevitably come across the Rockwell recipe note. This note will tell you how much to multiply each ingredient by to make the recipes work correctly. 
Honestly I just wait till I can make the indy cooker, and load it up with as many of the ingredient list that I can, and cook as many recipes I can at once. XD

Archived