Jump to content

Twitter did not give next wipe date for Beginner servers


Moonie1
 Share

Recommended Posts

This last twitter post for the July 15, 2022 Beginner Server wipes was just a brief note saying the servers were wiped and didnt include a next wipe date. If the format stays the same, the wipe should be this friday. Is this going to be announced on Twitter at all? Chat on the server(s) is that no one knows for sure since you guys didnt post a date this time:

ARK: Survival Evolved

@survivetheark

Our Beginner Servers have also been wiped! So fresh and so clean, clean!

10:53 AM · Jul 15, 2022·Twitter Web App

 

 

 

In the past, prior messages have included a wipe date. Examples for this year:
 

 
Beginner servers have been wiped clean on all platforms! The next wipe will happen on July 15th. Beginner servers are wiped periodically to help provide a fresh beginner experience for new players. Join by searching "Beginner" in the server browser! #playARK
 
 
 
Beginner servers have been wiped clean on all platforms! The next wipe will happen on May 20th. Beginner servers are wiped periodically to help provide a fresh beginner experience for new players. Join by searching "Beginner" in the server browser! #playARK
 
 
 
 
 
Beginner servers have been wiped clean on all platforms! The next wipe is on March 25th Beginner servers are wiped periodically to help provide a fresh beginner experience for new players. Join by searching "Beginner" in the server browser! #playARK
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually they have been following a strict schedule this year so far. Its been 8 full weeks (2 months) between each wipe:

May 20 - July 15 (8 weeks)
Mar 25 - May 20 (8 weeks)
Jan 28 - Mar 25 (8 weeks)
Dec 10 - Jan 28 (8 weeks)

But the point of my post was that they have included the next wipe date in the twitter update each time they have wiped a server this year. They didnt this time.

I have seen multiple attempts at getting a date on twitter this time around but they have been ignored. So I took to the forums in a last ditch effort. Myself and friends love to play on the beginner server. Wipe day is the most exciting time for us and we like to coordinate so we will all be on at the same time. Without a wipe date announcement, that wont happen and we will miss out on our Ark fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be honest I like knowing the date so I can take time off work. This allows me to get a good spot for the next 2 months of play instead of having to log in late in the day and get a mediocre base location and grumble about it til the next wipe.

Not so worried about Herb Island as much this next time around. I pillared it this last time so people didnt build on top of the metal and the spawn points. I left the beaches open to build on. But im not sure if I will bother this time. I think I will leave it unpillared and see how badly the resources get built on. Shado will probably pillar it if I dont.

Carno I will pillar again. People ruin the spawns there by building on the north side of the island. Its a great source of meat, alphas, carnos and argys that I hate seeing wasted by bobs thatch huts or [][][][][]'s behemoth gate base smack dab in the middle of the spawns. Once again I will leave a big chunk of it unpillared for people to build in the areas were nothing spawns.

I will also pillar the hidden lake so no one ruins the beaver spawns. Unfortunately if I dont take this duty upon myself, people do build on top of key resource/spawn locations and I miss out on paste and tapejaras. I attribute this to either being new and not knowing or to the [][][] guys that do know (but dont care) as is evidenced by their intricate bases that no noob would ever figure out how to build.

I know pillars suck but they are a necessary evil in my opinion for the reasons I stated above. Im bored at work and felt like mansplaining. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I play on a PS4 beginner server, the thrill of the fresh wipe and the rush to establish yourself keep me playing the game. 

Server chat keeps pointing to the rumor of the Wipe being Friday, but no official source.
Alpha Tribe even keeps bragging about how they "won" lol, (GG guys :p) lots of people think it's tomorrow but I'm not certain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Moonie1 said:

Actually they have been following a strict schedule this year so far. Its been 8 full weeks (2 months) between each wipe:

May 20 - July 15 (8 weeks)
Mar 25 - May 20 (8 weeks)
Jan 28 - Mar 25 (8 weeks)
Dec 10 - Jan 28 (8 weeks)

But the point of my post was that they have included the next wipe date in the twitter update each time they have wiped a server this year. They didnt this time.

I have seen multiple attempts at getting a date on twitter this time around but they have been ignored. So I took to the forums in a last ditch effort. Myself and friends love to play on the beginner server. Wipe day is the most exciting time for us and we like to coordinate so we will all be on at the same time. Without a wipe date announcement, that wont happen and we will miss out on our Ark fun.

It could be an oversight, or it could be the fact that the coming months will have some major events that will maybe take the attention away from following a schedule.

They might have done a better job being on time this year because last year when we did the beginner servers, they were late to wipe by over a month a couple times and didn't' publish dates very much either.

Edited by GrumpyBear
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Illeyejah said:

I play on a PS4 beginner server, the thrill of the fresh wipe and the rush to establish yourself keep me playing the game. 

Server chat keeps pointing to the rumor of the Wipe being Friday, but no official source.
Alpha Tribe even keeps bragging about how they "won" lol, (GG guys :p) lots of people think it's tomorrow but I'm not certain.

Ps4/5 here

I’m on 898 I’m the alpha tribe on mine. Finally got argy and mosa saddles 

I’d like to know so I can transfer all my event gigas out 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/8/2022 at 7:42 PM, Moonie1 said:

To be honest I like knowing the date so I can take time off work. This allows me to get a good spot for the next 2 months of play instead of having to log in late in the day and get a mediocre base location and grumble about it til the next wipe.

Not so worried about Herb Island as much this next time around. I pillared it this last time so people didnt build on top of the metal and the spawn points. I left the beaches open to build on. But im not sure if I will bother this time. I think I will leave it unpillared and see how badly the resources get built on. Shado will probably pillar it if I dont.

Carno I will pillar again. People ruin the spawns there by building on the north side of the island. Its a great source of meat, alphas, carnos and argys that I hate seeing wasted by bobs thatch huts or [][][][][]'s behemoth gate base smack dab in the middle of the spawns. Once again I will leave a big chunk of it unpillared for people to build in the areas were nothing spawns.

I will also pillar the hidden lake so no one ruins the beaver spawns. Unfortunately if I dont take this duty upon myself, people do build on top of key resource/spawn locations and I miss out on paste and tapejaras. I attribute this to either being new and not knowing or to the [][][] guys that do know (but dont care) as is evidenced by their intricate bases that no noob would ever figure out how to build.

I know pillars suck but they are a necessary evil in my opinion for the reasons I stated above. Im bored at work and felt like mansplaining. ;)

You are CLEARLY not a beginner - why you messing stuff up for real "beginners"?

For what it's worth - In my opinion (and I don't care where or why), if you pillar stuff then you are the "bad guy" of PVE, and the number one reason that when I play online, I do PVP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, DirkInSA said:

You are CLEARLY not a beginner - why you messing stuff up for real "beginners"?

For what it's worth - In my opinion (and I don't care where or why), if you pillar stuff then you are the "bad guy" of PVE, and the number one reason that when I play online, I do PVP.

Beginner servers aren’t really that beginner.  They are wildly more difficult to play on.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

The reason advanced players are on beginner servers is we invite new players in and they want to play the beginner server.  Or we just meet them there and teach them how to play the game because there is no tutorial.  As far as messing with people every server has that.  Beg server are usually much more friendly to survivors.  We don't hold their hands but we teach them everything from how to place a campfire to how to build a raft to what youtube videos to watch.  Some of us are born teachers it's what we do we can't help it.

4eZT6G7.png

-- this post has been made on October 8 2022 --

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2022 at 2:54 PM, DirkInSA said:

You are CLEARLY not a beginner - why you messing stuff up for real "beginners"?

For what it's worth - In my opinion (and I don't care where or why), if you pillar stuff then you are the "bad guy" of PVE, and the number one reason that when I play online, I do PVP.

Even though Moonie's arguments are questionable, the true responsibility for this problem lies with WildCard. The beginner servers aren't really that great for beginners, and that's because of WC's lack of better oversight and administration of them.

I can completely understand why some people like the beginner servers because of the wipe cycles, it's up to WC to make these servers more beginner-friendly if that's their true intent. Honestly it would be better for everyone if they just changed the designation to "Frequent Wipe Servers" or something that explains how they really work.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...