Will ARK 2 be a Flop or Hit ?

SeaJay

The truth of the matter is that I think they made a HUGE mistake with ARK 1.5 aka Ark Ascension. You see Ark 1.5 is going to use a formula that we know works. Its going to be a remaster of an already great game. If their promises of better graphics, performance, pvp cave balance, and cheat prevention are true then it will be a hit... because it already is without the remaster. 

Now it was stated that their intent is to run ark 1.5 along side ark 2.0. And so here in lies a problem. Ark 2, unlike 1.5, is not using an established winning formula. Its going to be a new formula. Now it is true that it could be better. But considering dark and light and atlas WC seems to have a track record of flops post Ark. 

So the crux of the matter is that not only do they have to make a great game that lives up to expectations but they just created their own competitor game that will provide an even higher bar of excellence they must achieve. 

So I think they are going to make Ark 1.5 which will be a huge success and make them a ton of cash (even if its somewhat underhanded) and Ark 2 is going to be release to much fan fare and then crash and burn when it doesn't provide the ark experience that the ark community loves, hates, and loves (strange I know).

I've been playing this game since 2019, when the servers weren't overrun by cheaters and hate speech, it was a really good time. It was a lot of fun with lots of new friends. Since Wildcard announced the dev wipe we have been besieged by cheaters for 4 weeks. they have been coming with ice and forrets titans for three days now. in pvp they suck. it only gets really disgusting when your buddies get the aimbotter and the speedwyvern and the floating structures. Now an enemy wrote today in the global that the GM had approved the raft built with floating structures. I give up now. and I will not invest a penny in the new highly acclaimed, cheat-free, (HAhahahaha) ark 1.5. no one can be that stupid to believe that. I have written umpteen tickets in the last 4 weeks and they come back to us every day. so you can now spread hate speech on official servers? there are sentences at that makes me sick. but fortunately there are also other nice games. ark died for me, same as wildcard, never again!!!!

On 4/22/2023 at 3:43 PM, johnm81 said:

The truth of the matter is that I think they made a HUGE mistake with ARK 1.5 aka Ark Ascension. You see Ark 1.5 is going to use a formula that we know works. Its going to be a remaster of an already great game. If their promises of better graphics, performance, pvp cave balance, and cheat prevention are true then it will be a hit... because it already is without the remaster. 

Now it was stated that their intent is to run ark 1.5 along side ark 2.0. And so here in lies a problem. Ark 2, unlike 1.5, is not using an established winning formula. Its going to be a new formula. Now it is true that it could be better. But considering dark and light and atlas WC seems to have a track record of flops post Ark. 

So the crux of the matter is that not only do they have to make a great game that lives up to expectations but they just created their own competitor game that will provide an even higher bar of excellence they must achieve. 

So I think they are going to make Ark 1.5 which will be a huge success and make them a ton of cash (even if its somewhat underhanded) and Ark 2 is going to be release to much fan fare and then crash and burn when it doesn't provide the ark experience that the ark community loves, hates, and loves (strange I know).

If you ask me, Ark 1 is a great concept with poor execution.

If Ark 2 can solve Ark 1's flaws, it'll be great. Wildcard has shown some awareness of the flaws of Ark 1 but there's only so much they've been able to do to solve them, between things like the kibble rework and the flyer nerf.

Ark 2 should allow those problems to be solved from the ground up.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 1:05 PM, Diabolos said:

Ark was a game that took a simple game play mechanic and built off it. That mechanic was torpor and unconscious taming. The survival aspect, resource gathering, etc is all common place, though they are one of the early adapters of 3d action-RPG application of it. Later, the introduction of breeding and mutations built upon that. It really is a simple formula.

That knockout style taming is great too since it allows you to do other things while building your army early game. They have slowly gone away from this concept and I have seen the older folks of Ark just not taming these new creatures. Typically they say well its just too time consuming, they aren't breedable, or the taming methods while fun a few times aren't enjoyable to tame after a while.

My concern with ASA and Ark 2 is they will go away from this early game knockout taming. It's what really allows a solo player to be time efficient early game.

Unrelated, but on the main topic. I personally hope they scrap Ark 2 and just stick with ASA and build DLC after DLC. Like WoW has done, that's their best long term business model. 

• Thanks 1

En mi opinión no tendría una forma de describirlo y espero que no pierda la esencia de la primer entrega ya que eso fue lo que hizo que amara este juego, pero cabe recalcar que tampoco se quiere que sea lo mismo del primero, osea que tenga nuevas mecánicas y distintas formas de recolección de recursos, gracias por la atención y espero con muchas ansias sus respuestas.