We need devs who actually fix things.

Metalace

Im getting fed up with this game. I'm on ps5 and I've sent in atleast 10k error reports from the game crashing. Just a little while ago I was trying to fill my troughs and was trying to buy black boxes of meat... instead it buys a black box of stupid Easter hats. So I have to go do more missions for points. Well while I was doing the missions 95% of my gigas I had been raising through the event died to straving. But the other things had full food bars... I call BS!

honestly man ima tell you the truth even tho i havent ever played ark on console ima just tell you this 
1. feeding troughs have a range
2. if you were desperate for meat then go kill dinos
3. giga's take a long while before dying of starvation since they start of with 25% of their hunger filled however it drains much faster as its still a baby 
4. giga's dont automatically eat from the trough until a certain percentage which if im not mistaking and if i am please correct me on this but its around a bout 35
5. the reason why one's hunger will be full because it usually harvast the other bodies automatically if its on attack my target or neutral 
hope this explain the things more in detail and do keep in mind that this ark logic we're dealing with 

The PS5 released on Nov 12, 2020. Which is approximately 662 days from then to today, which translates to about 15,888 hours. Assuming that you reported every single crash, and played nonstop from then to today, and you only sent 10,000 reports (despite you saying at least 10k, implying that you think you sent more), you would've had to send a crash report roughly once every 1.5888 hours, on the absolute lowest.

I'm not really sure why I did this, but I thought it was necessary.

8 minutes ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

The PS5 released on Nov 12, 2020. Which is approximately 662 days from then to today, which translates to about 15,888 hours. Assuming that you reported every single crash, and played nonstop from then to today, and you only sent 10,000 reports (despite you saying at least 10k, implying that you think you sent more), you would've had to send a crash report roughly once every 1.5888 hours, on the absolute lowest.

Hyperbole negates the arguments that employ it.  I find it amusing.  Math can be funny.

its not just ps5. I have the game and all platforms, from mobile, switch, Xbox, ps and PC and they are all bad with server crashing. You think after the money and time spent on this game that they would have this problem rectified. Such an amazing game with poor management focus on brining out new content without sorting the main problems. I would love to experience all these upgrades but can only do so on private servers or single player. And Ark say they are all about been team players and all about the community, sorry I just don't see it. Very sad, from someone that paid multiple copies of the game with all DLC just to try and get one that worked. Management, your devs are amazing, give them the means to fix or replace the servers so we can all enjoy the game and all this content you slap all over your marketing outlets.

6 hours ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

I crash every 2-4 mins ingame. Fully render my area, open my inventory or move too fast an boom crash to ps home screen.... but to say its the managements fault not the devs is sorta ignorant, especially how the devs updates and event break more than then it fixes. Its about being able to actually code not learn to code from YOUTUBE.

2 hours ago, Metalace said:

I crash every 2-4 mins ingame. Fully render my area, open my inventory or move too fast an boom crash to ps home screen.... but to say its the managements fault not the devs is sorta ignorant, especially how the devs updates and event break more than then it fixes. Its about being able to actually code not learn to code from YOUTUBE.

If you are truly crashing every 2-4 minutes, it might be something on your end that's doing it. Cause you can look up videos about Ark on the PS5, and at least to me, they all look to have pretty good performance. Quite a few are on servers as well.

12 hours ago, Metalace said:

To say that it's the dev's fault is more than sorta ignorant.

You're having a problem that is not being had by everyone else who plays the game, and that means if you follow basic troubleshooting logic you have to begin by doing some work to figure out if there is something wrong with your computer or your install that is causing the problem. If thousands, or even hundreds, of people were experiencing the same problem you're having then the most likely candidate would be a bug with the game, but since that's not happening it's probably something that needs to be done on or to your machine.

The symptoms you are describing definitely sound like a problem with your PS5, or with your install of ARK. Maybe you need to uninstall and reinstall it, maybe you have an intermittent latency problem with your internet connection that causes communication problems with the ARK servers, maybe... something else. But honestly the actual game itself is not, based on the information you've given, a good choice for what to blame.

ARK has a long history of bugs and being slow to fix them, that's absolutely true and everyone here has had to deal with the fact that WildCard has always prioritized bug fixes lower than the player base has wanted them to, but that still doesn't mean that ARK is to blame for what's happening to you. Again, you need to use basic troubleshooting logic before you start blaming the devs or arguing about who's ignorant.

When you say something like "I've sent in atleast 10k error reports" all that does is make everyone roll their eyes and want to mock you, that is not a good way to get people on the forums try to help you.

If you really want help you can start by listening to the suggestions being offered by your fellow players who also experience problems and are willing to sympathize with your frustrations, if you're willing to actually ask for help.

Archived