we are all good at complaining to WC, we learn instead to reflect (and help them

CervantesMor

Reading many messages of criticism towards Wildcard and many others who fear their abandonment of Ark1 due to the arrival of Ark2, I would like to express a few words (my opinion) because we are all good at pointing fingers, looking only at what pleases to us, but no one ever puts himself in their shoes and no one ever says how difficult it is to give us such an intense and immersive gaming experience:

none of us (players) think of WC's HARD WORK backstage for a very large game like ARK ... complex game mechanics, combination of transfers with multiple maps (plus large and elaborate), many many animals with various: stats- behavior-domestication methods-etc; items-engrams-armaments-structures-recipes, etc. etc. ...... and all: NO PAY IN GAME !!! (and NO PAY TO WIN !!!)

In Wildcard they have been actively following this production for SEVEN YEARS (not a short time I would say ..), how many other producers do it? And how many others listen to player feedback?

..and I add: anyone who wanted Ark1 with different parameters (example: breeding speed, harvesting, etc.) has the possibility to do so: WC has always given the possibility to create private servers with a wide range of adjustable and playable settings online, so we players should think a little more before complaining, everyone has defects and difficulties in solving everything but no one looks at the enormous amount of work that could be behind it .... especially at the same time as the development of Ark2 whose intentions are to make a qualitative leap and surely the experience with the first Ark will help them to avoid many gaps that we have complained about so far, and we should encourage and help them (not just accuse them).

PS: I also bet that in case they are forced to reduce the number of servers, WC will even give the Save files to give us the possibility to keep and continue our game and our bases and animals in private, they have already done this too in the past ... and in any case NO OFFICIALLY has ever hinted that they will permanently shut down all servers, or leave them to themselves ...

For me: thanks for this beatifull game and thanks for your work Wildcard.

I agree with everything you say above but the issue to me is that they are not repairing existing problems, put a band aid on it days are not really cutting it. I would love to see this game stay aroudn when Ark2 is released as I believe this game has some amazing work put into it and level of detail, layers per maps, etc. All i want is to be able to log on and its been 24 hours. I have played since the game was released and its always the same one issue. so when you say 7 years, yes you are right, a long time indeed, but does it take 7 years to sort server issues?

Dont disagree with your post, just think in 7 years they can possibly fix the crashing and 2-3 days not been able to access your dinos and they end up dead.

@CervantesMor

I don't have a history of criticizing them. Usually I am more supportive. I do defer to WC however, lol.

I have been around since the Stomping Land game, which triggered Ark Survival and became the whole thing we know now as the Ark experience. I heard the interviews with the developers as they kickstarted their Ark project, ideas and how out of the world it would be.

There were a few decisions I felt were off, like Survival of the Fittest was one to be sure, but I was not very vocal on that one. It felt like a mistake when they announced it. I was not into it at all. Similar approach to Ark VR game, which also felt unecessary. Atlas does not count, it became its own thing so I moved this off of WC plate.

Scorched Earth got a lot of angry people going, I have to admit I loved it then and it still holds true today, I am so happy they included an Ending to it on the next content update. Really thrilled for that last one.

There was also a whole ordeal with the sheep, lol, I did like it and its addition however, I guess I am happy how that turned out and I was not expecting it, so it was a plus, even though the dossier does take a jab in a funny way about certain survivors that made the whole complaint.

Then skip a bit, they started ventilating Ark 2, at the time it was too soon for me. Ark is expansive in nature and all those expansions and free maps were still on the rise. It felt too soon and I made my case against it. Obviously this has changed after so many years, I got really excited that they are mixing it up with 3rd person (didn't ask for, but it was a positive surprise for me). It has the trade off by not having Tek at the foreground anymore, at least not at launch anyway, but hey, if it is solid I am game. It does seem to focus on dinosaurs again, we shall see.

Then the creature voting, I was, sadly, a bit too vocal on the first one (Lost Island). I still stand by my opinion on it, but Lost Island was a disappointment to me, but the map looked great though. Again, in retrospect I wish I was a bit less involved and the whole affair was ultimately a positive reminder not to be upset over details. The second creature voting was much, much better. I still hated the results, lol, but the system felt much much fairer than the first giving every creature a real shot. So Wildcard did learn from the first round and applied a positive change the second time around. Although I did not like the creatures added in either votes, there was much less to complain based on the form of the vote the second time around, and folks in our forum had their way, hope they liked it, the new creatures look really well executed, I just don't enjoy non-dinosaurs, non-dragons, non-robots, lol as much as I do those.

As you can see, I had very little issues with Ark itself during all my years with it. I can really single events out. I do admitelly missed some of the drama that happened on forums, I often get second hand stories of some.

I think my perception of "positive" and "success" was mostly due to a heavy emphasis on private server experience on my part. Ark looks and feels like an extremely hard game to balance, for me it shines as a PVE (small player count but expansive world). PVP is begging to cause trouble and both players and developers should be aware of that. I mean, Ark is grindy by design, so it is understandable that people freak out occasionally when they lose their stuff or their edge to bugs or updates. That said, it does not justify being rude, we are all reflections of those that came before us, so when we fail, we fail everyone that has taught us manners.

@Martellus Brilliant commentary! I started this "journey" with a ripped version at beta 1.71 in 2015 sometime. And my enthusiasm probably peaked whenever the final release of Rag happened. I could not wait to actually explore behind the "curtain" of still under development!

All of your comments except this I wholly endorse

1 hour ago, Martellus said:

I got really excited that they are mixing it up with 3rd person (didn't ask for, but it was a positive surprise for me)

But 3rd person? Nope I aint into that at all ................... And it probably will  be a purchase gate that I I am unwilling to bridge.

29 minutes ago, parazight said:

Are we supposed to take this thread seriously?  What’s with the ridiculous text?  More importantly, why so clueless as to how capitalism works?

Op's post and @Martellus speak to history is all. Read it carefully! Some wisdom there (especially around capitalism) and around how Ark got to be "Out There" as a thing to aspire to.

3 hours ago, parazight said:

Are we supposed to take this thread seriously?  What’s with the ridiculous text?  More importantly, why so clueless as to how capitalism works?

I'm fine with people voicing their opinions, but just raw hate is going too far. Couldn't you have said the same thing with much kinder words?

You see, this is why people say video game communities are toxic.

30 minutes ago, Griffin998 said:

I'm fine with people voicing their opinions, but just raw hate is going too far. Couldn't you have said the same thing with much kinder words?

You see, this is why people say video game communities are toxic.

"raw hate"?  Really?  Lol.  Why must you be toxic?

I'm going to go ahead and point out anyone who starts threads using special text like the OP.  There's no reason for it.   Even with translations. 

Dear OP,  you already thanked the company when you gave them money.  Let's not pretend (and insult people) by assuming this is about something other than money.  Their job is not difficult.  They didn't even develop the game engine. They get paid.  It's not forced labor.   The suggestion in the title of this thread is laughable.  No one is going to help for free.

Archived