Player level adjustment issue

》private server / Playstation 《

Hello guys 🙂

I have a problem with player level adjustment.

Before Fjordur, our max player level was set to 130.  (Max. Lvl205 with chibi, all bosses and explorer notes).

Since Fjordur, the level for new characters has dropped to 120 (excluding bosses, etc.) and older players weren't gaining additional levels from runes on Fjordur.

So I added the missing 10 levels to the game.ini to reach level 130 again (without bosses) and to be able to get the 10 levels of runes (Fjordur).

In a test run, everything worked perfectly.  New players level up to 130 through exp gain (with all bosses, chibi, notes and runes up to level 215).  I tested it myself in advance via admincheats.

My private char was level 195 (130 player level + 5 lvl chibi + 60 level bosses).  I had already collected 100 runes on Fjordur but the 5 levels were not added.  After the change, I was able to level up to 200 through the 100 runes. So everything is correct so far.

However, some players (who were already level 130 or higher before Fjordur) have now received 10 levelups 👀 so a max. player level of 140 (instead of 130).

Where is the mistake?   :/

• Volunteer Moderator
43 minutes ago, Raptor1910 said:

Before Fjordur, our max player level was set to 130.  (Max. Lvl205 with chibi, all bosses and explorer notes).

Since Fjordur, the level for new characters has dropped to 120 (excluding bosses, etc.) and older players weren't gaining additional levels from runes on Fjordur.

Fjodur added an additional 10 levels (for collecting all the Runes) meaning you must now define up to L215 if you want to preserve your L130 base otherwise it becomes L120.

10 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Fjodur added an additional 10 levels (for collecting all the Runes) meaning you must now define up to L215 if you want to preserve your L130 base otherwise it becomes L120.

I did that. When I create a new char, it levels up to 130. With all bosses, chibi, notes and runes at level 215.

But now some players who reached level 130 before my change can level up to 140 (without bosses, etc.). These 10 levels should be reserved for the runes.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Raptor1910 said:

But now some players who reached level 130 before my change can level up to 140 (without bosses, etc.). These 10 levels should be reserved for the runes.

They should be. Have a look at their implant and they likely have extra levels unlocked.

11 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

They should be. Have a look at their implant and they likely have extra levels unlocked.

The implant shows the following:

- the player hasnt killed any bosses
- collected no runes
- no explorer notes
- only one chibi level

However he has 10 levelups and can go up to level 141. 😵💫

I set the player levels up to 215 (130 levels above normal exp gain + 60 levels for the bosses + 5 levels for Chibi + 10 levels for ExplorerNotes + 10 for the runes). 

So he would only have to get to 131. If I create a new char and give it Max.Exp, it only gets to 130 levels (as it should be).

How can it be that older players get to 140?

Archived