Official change to 2x taming etc.

Bruiserba

This already happened a few times, the last time was during GEN 1

Official rates will be adjusted accordingly:

• Standard Official Servers: 1x harvesting, taming, and XP (which is equivalent to 4x when considering our old values)
  • Small Tribes Servers: Smalls will have their taming, harvesting, and XP changed to 2.5x (which is equivalent to 5x when considering our old values)
  • Apocalypse Servers: These will remain at 3x harvesting, taming, and XP (which is equivalent to 6x when considering our old values)

•  

source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/346110/view/4350991989461191441

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, Bruiserba said:

I read on the net that official is supposed to be at 2x taming ,harvest etc.. for good now. Every where I read that ark has agreed with its players that official should be at 2x what happened. Why post on internet this and not do it.

I'm curious to know how you are determining that it is 1x, considering it has been increased 2x on several occasions over the past 7 years.

I hope you aren't testing the rates by picking up stones, because that is always 1 stone.

We don't need an increase to material nodes rates.  We only need an increase in the breeding.  It has always been easy to gather materials.  Just get the right dino to do the job.  It ruins the game on unofficial with their increased rates.  They make obsolete the dinos that are for gathering and special item weight reduction carry.  It has always only been the breeding that mattered.   Sitting around waiting for those babies to grow is insane boredom.  We have real lives.  If you go to unofficial severs they just have to increase all the rates and ruin the game.

It is only the breeding and baby growth that is slow.

• Volunteer Moderator
26 minutes ago, SarahMonette said:

We don't need an increase to material nodes rates.  We only need an increase in the breeding.  It has always been easy to gather materials.  Just get the right dino to do the job.  It ruins the game on unofficial with their increased rates.  They make obsolete the dinos that are for gathering and special item weight reduction carry.  It has always only been the breeding that mattered.   Sitting around waiting for those babies to grow is insane boredom.  We have real lives.  If you go to unofficial severs they just have to increase all the rates and ruin the game.

Always the option to get your own server and make the game play out the way you personally feel it should.

9 hours ago, Bruiserba said:

I read on the net that official is supposed to be at 2x taming ,harvest etc.. for good now. Every where I read that ark has agreed with its players that official should be at 2x what happened. Why post on internet this and not do it.

How about you read more than just 1 random post on the internet.  You read on the internet a post that references something that happened 2 years ago. 

A simple search of the patch notes yields

image.thumb.png.a3711a672e464918c70fb8bb1c55a371.png

1 hour ago, SarahMonette said:

If you are bored raising animals, you should raise way more dinos at a time.  It will keep you busier.

1 hour ago, SarahMonette said:

Really,all this time still crying?again leave official servers or make you own server.

We have real lives?its your problem,little baby.I have 1 free day per week,and last time breed 70 shadowmanes,20 gigas,deinonichus,15 rexes and other dinos without count taming for the last achievement in steam,all this solo in official.

19 minutes ago, Thekuervito said:

Really,all this time still crying?again leave official servers or make you own server.

We have real lives?its your problem,little baby.I have 1 free day per week,and last time breed 70 shadowmanes,20 gigas,deinonichus,15 rexes and other dinos without count taming for the last achievement in steam,all this solo in official.

where there is a will, there is a way.  

My pappy always used to say 'do it smarter, not harder' .

16 hours ago, Bruiserba said:

The official server I play on is still 1x they have a 2x event time to time but from what I read we should be at 2x shouldn't have to wait for event. 1x is way to slow and eats up way to much of your time. One reason I'm thinking about quitting.  Everything takes to long. 

Hi Bruiser,

Yeah, we've all been there (with other games too, not just ARK). You always have to make decisions about whether you're enjoying a game enough for the amount of time you're spending playing it.

Personally, I'm with you in one sense, I think the Official Servers are basically the nightmare version of ARK. Obviously lots of people like the game that way but I don't like the way it dominates your time and affects your RL schedule too much (and let's not even get started on how awful the game can be if glitches screw things up for you on an Official server).

Having said that... there are aspects of ARK that are pure gold and its' worth trying the game in other modes to see if you can find a way to play it that you enjoy, the Official servers are only the beginning of possibilities for playing ARK.

1) Single-player - ARK is pretty darned close to being a perfect game in single-player because you control almost everything. You can set harvesting multipliers, XP multiplers, you can use mods that make lots of improvement to the game, you can use console commands to spawn in anything you want to fix a game glitch or even to just spend less time doing some activities. The degree to which you can completely customize ARK in single-player is amazing, you get to decide how hard or easy you want it, and choose how much or how little time you want to spend progressing through the game.

2) Unofficial servers - there are lots of Unofficial servers that are open to the public with a wide variety of settings, customizations and mods. You may have to try a few of them before you find one that has the right mixture of rules, mods and server culture that you like, but there are many possibilities that await you if you're willing to explore a bit.

3) A private server - there are multiple companies that rent servers for xx dollars per month, with a good variety of custom options available to you for how much you want to spend and how powerful of a server you get. Alternately if you or one of your friends has a spare computer that they can just leave running 24x7 you can install a copy of ARK server and then start inviting friends to a server that you completely control (again, settings, configurations, mods, whatever you want).

The Official servers might add another permanent x2 multiplier to the game, but I wouldn't count on it. Once you get some experience with the game (and especially if you join a tribe) it's already pretty easy to progress through the game fairly quickly. It's pretty slow at first, especially as you're learning the game, but as you get better at ARK you'll find that many aspects of the game speed up pretty quickly. But if, in the end, it's still to much time for you even with a tribe or even after you learn more, there are still other options for playing the game.

Archived