Game crashes on entering Genesis 1 and my character is in there :(

ClydeFr0g

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right subforum for this, if not my apologies.

I have a huge issue however and no idea how to fix it.

The game keeps crashing when starting Genesis 1 on single player. And my lv214 character is in there. 

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Attached a screendhot of the crash report.

Tx so much for helping!

2022-08-22 23_04_38-ARK_ Survival Evolved.png

On Steam...  Right Click Ark and select Properties
Then click "LOCAL FILES" and "Verify Integrity of game files..."

image.png.22c5b04fc09bfc228b17589bf93692b8.png

On EPIC  

Click the three dots underneath Ark and choose "Manage"
Then click "VERIFY"

image.png.a26e0d3631dc05a88937e6bd003d9bd4.png

On Windows, it's probably worth doing a system check regardless of the outcome of the above.
In an Administrator command prompt, run   sfc /scannow

image.png.a05cb2808fde2bedcb046dc7c9d986b8.png

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, ClydeFr0g said:

Steam files scan said it couldnt validate 2 files and will reaquire them.

These files are 2 ini files that are shipped empty but get filled dynamically every times you launch your game (so, Steam assume they were corrupted and restore them, etc.).

First of all, I would suggest you make a full backup of the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\GenesisSavedArksLocal\*

And then try to launch and load your save with the following options so that actors are reserialized:

-dedihibernation -forcerespawndinos

If that is still crashing, then your current save is likely corrupted. Try to rollback to the previous one by renaming the following file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\GenesisSavedArksLocal\Genesis.ark

To:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\GenesisSavedArksLocal\Genesis.ark.old

And the following file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\GenesisSavedArksLocal\Genesis_AntiCorruptionBackup.bak

To:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\GenesisSavedArksLocal\Genesis.ark

Alternatively, try to restore the Genesis_NewLaunchBackup.bak if the Genesis_AntiCorruptionBackup.bak does not work.

If none of these suggestions work, zip and upload your entire directory so that others can test it on their end.

Ok the game still crashes after I did both scans. I now made a backup of the directory as you suggested and try this:

• And then try to launch and load your save with the following options so that actors are reserialized:

But how do I do that before entering the game? I only know how to use commands like these while I'm actually in the game, not before I launch.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, ClydeFr0g said:

But how do I do that before entering the game? I only know how to use commands like these while I'm actually in the game, not before I launch.

These are not commands, but launch options. You can set them by right clicking on ARK in your Steam library → Properties... → GENERAL → LAUNCH OPTIONS.

Ok it's sorted. In the end I fixed it with renaming the save file as you mentioned to .old.

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to help me and your patience with my noob-questions :P

Sorry I didnt rteply earlier, but for some silly reason I can only post a limited amount of messages per day.

Also can't upvote you for another mysterious reason or I obviously would.

Peace to you friend :)

• Volunteer Moderator

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to help me and your patience with my noob-questions :P

No problem, glad it is now working for you!

Sorry I didnt rteply earlier, but for some silly reason I can only post a limited amount of messages per day.

Also can't upvote you for another mysterious reason or I obviously would.

New users that are part of the Early Birds group are, among other things, limited to 4 posts a day so that spammers don't cause too much damage until we can catch up. After a certain amount of posts that are not considered spam or off-topic, you will automatically be promoted to be apart of the Members group. This process is automatic and usually happens after ~3 days worth of posts so you should be very close.

Archived