Why is sulfur only found in one spot?

bigsucc69

Who thought it would be a good idea to distribute sulfur in one whole area of the map, the dangerous and cold/hot wyvern dens? why in the hell i have to fight ice wyverns to get sulfur, a sub-par resource that isn't even that important?

flamethrowers are not important enough to risk fighting wyverns (count mantises as well for that matter), and so is propellant. preserving salt is very useful, but by the time i can safely harvest sulfur without getting killed by wyverns i won't be needing preserving salt anymore. i'll have a fridge, i'll have a hyena, a platform paracer with a portable fridge, etc... 

also propellants: flame arrows aren't worth the risk, so are the cluster grenades, or flamethrower ammo as well... i guess oil jar can be useful later on too...

salt also doesn't need to be as limited: only two spots? a cave and a small crevice? what if i'm playing multiplayer and these areas are locked by another tribe? salt is also very limited in use, in fact it's only used for preserving salt, so why is it so rare and limited? 

if you played scorched earth, you'll know the game teaches you that sulfur can be found in the mountains and high peaks. salt can be found in the oil boneyards, the high flat rock walls that surround the green obelisk, alongside the entirety of the map since they're only used for one thing. 

it's very annoying that all the fan maps do this as well. sulfur is only ever found in the volcanic area, and if there's a desert. at least ragnarok has three main areas, so that's something. crystal isles also only has one tiny area like valguero, lost island redeems itself by having it sparsely spread across the desert continent. 

just make 'em more common! they're not obsidian, or black pearls, they should be everywhere! i don't want to travel across the whole map, or have to risk facing wyverns to be able to make 2 things that are not even that important...

7 hours ago, bigsucc69 said:

preserving salt is very useful, but by the time i can safely harvest sulfur without getting killed by wyverns i won't be needing preserving salt anymore. i'll have a fridge, i'll have a hyena, a platform paracer with a portable fridge, etc... 

Those wont help with extending spoil timer on items like wyvern milk and nameless venom. Double spoil timer on them means less of them lost to spoilage, especially with salt in preserving bin.

Also any high level tamed giga can deal with wyverns easily, and farm sulfur from the wyverns faster than u can from the rocks. Alternatively u can farm rock elementals for sulfur too, just dump the other resources harvested that will encumber u.

Archived