Invisible items taking up slots in Item Data (SINGLEPLAYER PC)

ursidae117

I wanted to transfer my character and some stuff from Valguero over to Genesis Part 2. I filled my Tek Transmitter's Item Data tab with all my stuff and transferred my character.

When I got to Genesis Part 2, I noticed that some items (Simple Rifle Ammo, Shocking Tranq Darts, Cooked Lambchops) didn't make it trough and were seemingly stuck in my mission terminal/obelisk. I can't see them in the Item Data tab and therefore can't take them out. I was looking for a way to delete these items.

I did some research and found out about the PlayerLocalData file. However, following the advice of most people on the internet and deleting the file also deletes all explorer note progression and map markers. I'd rather not have to re-explore every map and look for every explorer note I already collected every time I want to transfer, because without a fix this will likely happen again.

So I looked for a more "precise" type of solution to this problem and came across this post made by melissa4963:

In this topic, a moderator suggested to change the line "ArkItems" to "XrkItems" in PlayerLocalData to clean the Item Data tab of all the items. I tried it and it unfortunately didn't work.

I am desperately looking for any kind of permanent fix to this problem, maybe a way to erase all items in Item Data, or a way for me to not get my items stuck in a mission terminal/obelisk ever again.

Thank you for any help you could provide!

On 8/22/2022 at 6:12 AM, ursidae117 said:

Thank you for any help you could provide!

Anytime I transfer, it seems that "all" the items I try to remove from any obelisk/ terminal seems to be invisible as well, however my work around was to try and put something into the terminal when I want to get stuff out, and suddenly they will reappear.

Iv never had this problem until I accidentally crashed the game unloading all my creatures I had saved. {rip Phoenix} Ever since then, Iv had to put something in for the items to reappear. Then the game will let me pull the items out.

I must point out that this is on an xbox one tho, and not on a PC

On 8/25/2022 at 4:10 AM, ursidae117 said:

I used to play on Xbox before and that happened regularly to me as well, however like you said all I had to do to fix it was put an item in and take it back out. However, since I moved from Xbox to PC it doesn't appear to be working anymore.

Thanks for trying to help!

Im sorry man, I was trying.

Archived