Loot Crates

BetaWolf

Dear beloved community, 

I'm trying to make an Excel file of the Loot crates in Ark, but the wiki is once again confusing me quite a bit.

Take the Deep Sea Loot Crate for example:

hEEPesd.png

Can someone explain to me what I marked in yellow? Is it just me, or is it written down way more complicated as it should be?

And is there a way to know the difference between a normal Deep Sea Loot Crate and a Deep Sea High Loot Crate?

8 hours ago, BetaWolf said:

And is there a way to know the difference between a normal Deep Sea Loot Crate and a Deep Sea High Loot Crate?

That's a good question: I see the below in the beacon ID list of supply crates

Deep Sea Loot Crate     
SupplyCrate_OceanInstant_C
SupplyCrate_OceanInstant_High_C

So there is clearly a possible difference in these things. I assume its kinda like the difference between a normal supply drop and a "double" supply drop that has a halo around it in game. But how to tell the actual difference (in game), or determine the chance of a "High" spawn is very unclear.

I think the "not used drops" either is a typo - or it is the actual class name in the Dev Kit - cannot comment there. Although the Beacon ID does seem to indicate a typo?

And the confusing references to number of items - This can be read as "There will be 2 items from the following list of entries wherein one of the following entries will spawn"
So a total of 2 things randomly selected from the "list". And knowing Ark it will inevitably yield 2 wooden shields LOL

Edited by DirkInSA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/21/2022 at 1:27 AM, BetaWolf said:

I found a site that has an open source gui that allows one to fiddle with the loot drops, and generates .ini values for the fiddled values. And on that site was a .ini that claimed to be "The Island" base values for loot drops. Inside that file I see a couple or three references to SupplyCrate_OceanInstant, but none for SupplyCrate_OceanInstant_High.

So from a very arbitrary 3rd party source - it is possible that the "not used drops" entries in the wikie should apply to Deap Sea High loot (at least on the Island). But not both entries.

• 8 months later...

Red (Swamp Cave) - Level 70 : The required survivor level to open ?

Quality range 325 - 400: I guess a random factor to apply IF a loot set with quality is selected.

Why the two tier "sets" are called Level 45 and Level 60 I dunno. But in essence you gonna get 2 of those "tier sets". What is unclear is whether the selection is always one from Level 45 and one from level 60. From the way it is laid out I would guess so, otherwise there would just be a flat list of kit of which any 2 can be returned.

The "with quality 125%" is the base quality of the item returned that is adjusted by the factor (325 - 400). i.e. this return has got quality, and is not just a "primitive" drop. The other loot sets without this entry will be "primitive".

Caveat - all of the above is guess work LOL .............

This might not be exactly what you are looking for but as a cluster admin the best way I solved loot crates was to leverage a premium plugin. This extends out what is possible to do within the game.

I use this with great success on my cluster and it receives regular updates and enhancements. https://gameservershub.com/forums/resources/lethal-loot.628/

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2023 at 2:06 AM, BetaWolf said:

It's been a while and I don't know if I should make a new topic or if I can proceed in this one, but I started to continue making the Excel.

And once again the wiki is confusing the s#@t out of me:

ElqcWBH.png

ve4rNDw.png

Can someone help me figure this out? I marked the confusing stuff in yellow.

Anyone else with more information regarding this?

I would imagine this would be easier to find out if you peaked into the dev kit for making mods on ark.  This table and the algorithm for picking loot should be in there.

Modders would most likely be the group of people who might have someone with an answer for this.  I don't think many modders meet up here, so this might not be the best place to find the answer.

Edited by GrumpyBear