Exception to building on City terminals?

Marine1Delta

So, code of conduct says that you're not allowed to restrict access to City terminals. I'm a returning player, and before I left, I had an enclosed terminal in the snow biome that I kept unlocked and visible, through a wall of railings. I had that for about a year without any problems. I recently did the same thing and accidentally left it locked while converting element to dust. It got taken down by the devs. I'm not sure if I had just gotten lucky earlier, or if it was strictly because I left it locked that I got taken down. The code of conduct isn't that specific. Am I allowed to keep a terminal enclosed, if it is kept unlocked?

Its pretty much subjective to how the GM interprets your enclosure and if they consider it restricting access.   I'd go by the rule: If nobody can get to it, its blocked.  If they can't get their tames next to it for upload, its blocked.

No action in the past could have simply been, nobody bothered to report you.   Today, there is little else for players to do other than report others.

17 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Its pretty much subjective to how the GM interprets your enclosure and if they consider it restricting access.   I'd go by the rule: If nobody can get to it, its blocked.  If they can't get their tames next to it for upload, its blocked. No action in the past could have simply been, nobody bothered to report you.   Today, there is little else for players to do other than report others.

Sadly grumpy is 100% correct. It all depends on the admin or GM who see's whats going on, the mood they are in, and how many people made a complaint. Heck, it may be par for the course for the person in charge to do a daily routine of checking each terminal, and if they decided that "ANY" structure that might be used to prevent easy access to the terminal is a no no and automatically deleats it. Even without checking with the person as to the what, how, or why.

As for anyone who wants to report such a thing, yeah....no one is really playing the game anymore. They typically are running around and causeing as much trouble for other players that they can get away with. Hell, they might report a dodo standing next to a terminal for blocking it. x.x

Archived