Flint farming

BetaWolf

Dear beloved community, 

I wonder what the best way is to farm tons of flint (TONS). Compared to gathering metal, stone, wood, berries and fiber, gathering flint goes soooo much slower.

Important server settings and factors to keep in mind:

• 10X weight on everything
  • Stack of flint is 5000
  • All creatures/tools are seen as max. bred/mutated and max. dmg cap

Methods people mentioned to me:

• Metal tools (worst)
  • Mantis (worse than Anky)
  • Ankylosaurus (of the methods I tried: still the best one, but still going soooo slow)
  • Doedicurus ~ farming stone and using grinders (didn't test this method yet)
  • Farming Genesis missions and buy flint (didn't test this method yet)

I just want to farm tons of flint in the fastest and most efficient way possible.

Kind regards,

BetaWolf

At least someone must've figured out the best way after more than 6 years of filling heavy turrets.

21 minutes ago, BetaWolf said:

Anky is prolly best. But I do know that grinding stone is fairly profitable. But if I had to guess, genesis is probably the goat. Either that or a tek styder.

with that said, Iv allways found that if I "strip" a cave of all the metal I can possibly get {cave of the hunter on the island is my only exeriance} Im usually leaving behind 10k in flint. Just a junk anky, on 1x default SP settings, but it takes 2-3 hours. It takes so long cause Im hitting every single node in the entire cave. Little clumps of rocks, big rocks, rocks that looks like walls...ect ect.

Good news is, Im also grinding BP's, but it seems I never get anything really interesting besides ascendent clothing...100% shirts and pants is funny sounding, untill you realize its better insulation than fur clothing. XD

9 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

strider wins in almost every category for almost every material.  There are a few notable exceptions, but most those things are super rare materials like mutagel.

Iv heard that if you can manage to snake one down to the heart, they can gather just as good as the mineing drill can. Of course good luck in that endever.

7 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Iv heard that if you can manage to snake one down to the heart, they can gather just as good as the mineing drill can. Of course good luck in that endever.

You dont have to sneak one down, just upload the stryder at any suitable place nearby, then fly in using the free tek suit to its heart, and u can download the stryder there.

On 8/17/2022 at 10:11 AM, Castlerock said:

You dont have to sneak one down, just upload the stryder at any suitable place nearby, then fly in using the free tek suit to its heart, and u can download the stryder there.

I haven't played gen 2 yet. And I barely dabbled in gen 1 before going back to lost island. Best place we found to survive long enough to get a base down was in the ice world, and half of it is covered in blinding white fog that causes eye tumors.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 11:57 AM, BetaWolf said:

Dear beloved community, 

I wonder what the best way is to farm tons of flint (TONS).

I use a Dunky when near water or a Anky with max stats in melee then use a whip once it is over encumbered to move it to new rocks or back to your base, weight doesn't matter when using a whip so you can reach slot cap.

Archived