Teaming in FFA

pupees

36 minutes ago, Wilson said:

i've played a fairly decent amount of those and I have witnessed it only a couple times. Either I'm -unlucky- or your use of "out of hand" is a litle bit exagerated !

However lots of people seem to complain : 2 people on foot focusing a guy on rex is not teaming, it's surviving.

This is my experience as well, people claim teaming when it's actually just the weaker ganging up on the clearly stronger   (sorry bird guy, us ground folks won't make this easy for yeah, etc.) 

I had a few teamers, but no owerflowing. I think its being in 1|20 games. 

The one that pissed me off was 2 ppl crafting to the right of Bronto Hill lika at 20 meters from each other. killed them ofc, but HEY! AT LEAST TEAM UP IN SECRECY!

Today got annoying cantonese mate who spammed pinyin with demands of teaming also... LIKE SPEAKING CHINESE IS NOT CONSIDERED TEAMING  。。。。  》——《

yeah i agree a lot of people do cry wolf. teaming: i will give some actual examples of things that have happened to me this week.

Example 1. RoD is at the bottom of the ramp (end game) with 4 players left. a spino and a rex with different flags walk up volcano ramp onto the platform.

the spino heads straight towards the player opposite side of the centre to me.

the rex heads straight towards me on my rex. we start fighting and i get his rex pretty bloody at which point he starts to run and the spino runs over and blocks me from the rex 

i then fight the spino, after healing the rex (was less bloody) the rex comes to fight but completely avoids the spino making he was on the other side to it.

eventually get the spino down the player runs off starts using his guns on my rex, then both mine and the other rex dies about the same time

then sure enough both guys focus me, they we full chitin with long necks, pistols and shotguns.

Example 2. i see two guys in the distance look like they may be fighting. i get closer i see they are killing dilos.

they kill the dilos run up to them, havrest them stood next to each other, then one guys runs toward the closest tree another toward the closest rock to harvest.

i attack and sure enough they both attack me and not each other.

stuff like this.

The problem with this is 

-its really hard to prove

-very easy to mistake coincidence for teaming 

-doesn't really effect the majority of players

I've been fighting someone before and someone else came over and started shouting teamer's telling the server we are teaming lol.  Just today in a game i was fighting 2 guys on tames when the boarder overtook us all. 1 of the 2 guys (4man game mode, these guys weren't teaming) said in game to his partner 'run just run' now i know they just want to get up safe i was able to just walk up the ramp behind them. Clearly i don't want to fight and die here to a ring or players as we are approaching mid and i need my dino full HP. to anyone else on the ramp this might look like teaming as they didn't see the fight before, or know my thought process etc. the fact is no one ever likes to see opposing teams not fighting but in some cases its not teaming its selfish preservation. 

The fact is most teamers are bad anyway and with what i have said above unless you use shaddow play for footage and have an after action report we just have to play through it I'm afraid. 

15 hours ago, Spur said:

The problem with this is 

-its really hard to prove

-very easy to mistake coincidence for teaming 

-doesn't really effect the majority of players

I've been fighting someone before and someone else came over and started shouting teamer's telling the server we are teaming lol.  Just today in a game i was fighting 2 guys on tames when the boarder overtook us all. 1 of the 2 guys (4man game mode, these guys weren't teaming) said in game to his partner 'run just run' now i know they just want to get up safe i was able to just walk up the ramp behind them. Clearly i don't want to fight and die here to a ring or players as we are approaching mid and i need my dino full HP. to anyone else on the ramp this might look like teaming as they didn't see the fight before, or know my thought process etc. the fact is no one ever likes to see opposing teams not fighting but in some cases its not teaming its selfish preservation. 

The fact is most teamers are bad anyway and with what i have said above unless you use shaddow play for footage and have an after action report we just have to play through it I'm afraid. 

i agree, its about intentional teaming or not

ive seen a few guys in ffa though who were running together like in 2x2 and a bit later i found them doin guns and tame together ha

i report those cases and they should be easy to be punished

but especially in final phases of the match people might spontaneously group up to take out a worse enemy and such

There is teaming, and teaming

I get accused of teaming quite often (ffa) because I just don't headlong into situations, ie ill kill the guy on the carno/monkey over the guy on the rex, or the guy with guns/chitin over any big tame, or when I'm on the floor ill leave the other guys without dinos alone to kill the big tame, this results in a lot of "OMG TEAMERS".

Teaming has become the go to term for " I'm salty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore".

That being said there are people in the top 40 of each league regularly teaming and have been for seasons now and it seems that no matter the weight of evidence they are allowed to continue doing it, which is quite frankly a little odd...

As much as I agree I was a victom of teaming by two people who played in the finals. 

Example 1: person with no tames but hail to the king ask Guy: B hey Can i put c4 on your bird and u fly it up to the guy on birds and blow him up then we fight? Then the guy who allowed that came into my teamspeak and said he was sorry for teaming and he was not banned. Instead Wildcard gave me points for harassment and shaming. This results in from now on I am gonna do the same exact thing until they either have admins or mods watching games or actually watching submitted evidence

For any of you people who dont like to read

Guy ask one guy can i put c4 on your bird to fly up to the guy on argys guy with pteradon says yes.

Then guy with pteradon comes in teamspeak says look bro i know that was teaming and i deserve a ban I submit to WC i recieve warning points for harassment. Make sense?

On 09/06/2016 at 7:04 PM, MrBigglesworth thee 3rd said:

Example 1: person with no tames but hail to the king ask Guy: B hey Can i put c4 on your bird and u fly it up to the guy on birds and blow him up then we fight? Then the guy who allowed that came into my teamspeak and said he was sorry for teaming and he was not banned. Instead Wildcard gave me points for harassment and shaming. This results in from now on I am gonna do the same exact thing until they either have admins or mods watching games or actually watching submitted evidence

I'm not defending this but their actions/strat are based on selfish gains. they arn't intending to help each other but need to in order to take down a bigger threat. This is why its so hard to ban teamers, anyone would rather fight a lesser opponent than a stronger one. Its the most basic game theory. Unless WC bring in a rule that everyone must attempt to kill everyone else at every opportunity regardless of how detrimental it might be to their own success we arn't going to see a solution soon.

The problem lays in that in order to kill people you must spend resources in the form of ammo, tames and HP. if everyone had rocket launchers with 10 ammo and no durability loss nobody would hold back on each other. there would be the fear of someone killing you quickly and the opportunity to kill people quickly. its a silly example but people just don't fear others coz everyone knows the meta is to avoid conflict unless your super strong.   

I agree having spoken to a few people that teaming is currently an issue during FFA, and I do mean blatant teaming as well. Two guys building and taming together and not fighting each other to kill others in the area is clearly an issue. literally just died because of this exact thing. their names were HRK and Bee. If you see these two in a lobby watch out. 

Archived