can you craft in a storage box

peanutinky

• Volunteer Moderator
58 minutes ago, peanutinky said:

i have a question and it a strange one , but can you craft in a storage box? i have remade a mod with permission, the thing is i can get the blueprint in to the storage box but when i put in what is required it don't craft. what am i doing wrong? 

No, you cannot craft anything into a storage. Look at the description of your blueprint and it will tell you where it can be crafted. For example, this Rex blueprint must be crafted into a Smithy:

qFMSDsB.png

If there is no mention of a specific station, then it must be crafted into your own inventory.

4 hours ago, peanutinky said:

thanks for your answer the reason i asked is because of a mod made by a modder named firespark81 was able to do this back in 2016 the mod is called the build box and it was a storage box.

As for a mod, Ok, I guess Icould see that, but with a vanilla storage box, Id have to ponder why that would be a thing? The smithy holds 75 slots while a large storage box holds only 45 slots, so it seems counter intuitive?

i made the storage box hold 1000. yeah i tried a modded storage box to hold 1000 and i can get the engrams in there like he did but i guess that they change things around so you cant do it anymore. it  duplicates items that you have put in there great for builders that like to build in single player i don't know how it be in multiplayer. but i suppose i could use the smithy to do the same thing and just increase the slot size

10 hours ago, peanutinky said:

but i suppose i could use the smithy to do the same thing and just increase the slot size

Either that or just use the stack mod. I unno if you have it allready or not, but I do know that there is a mod out there that allows you to hold 1000's of an item in a single stack. This way it takes up a LOT less room for your normal run of the mill items. wood, stone, metal, ect. ect. With that mod alone, you can craft perfect ascendent stuff in the smithy with room to spare

12 hours ago, peanutinky said:

i made the storage box hold 1000. yeah i tried a modded storage box to hold 1000 and i can get the engrams in there like he did but i guess that they change things around so you cant do it anymore. it  duplicates items that you have put in there great for builders that like to build in single player i don't know how it be in multiplayer. but i suppose i could use the smithy to do the same thing and just increase the slot size

Its probably changed around, but you could probably do it still.  You just got to keep working on it and you will get it I'm sure.

Archived