beginning

NINNAF1

Click the Inventory button (default to "I" on PC). And you will get all your kit with an outline of your toon. There you can drag stuff to the relevant place - like chest or hand. As above, you can also put various items in your "hot bar" (the 10 blocks at the bottom of the screen). Then when you (again on PC) push 1 - 2 - 3 ... - 0 that item is equipped to your hand. This inventory screen also allows you to assign points gained by leveling up into strength / speed / weight / whatever you choose. Once you have assigned your points you will see a different screen where you can learn new engrams that allow you to build new kit - other than just the starter torch/pickaxe crafts.

And again as above - to get experience - play the game. Build stuff, harvest stuff, kill stuff .....

15 hours ago, NINNAF1 said:

dont know how to level up or equip items

When it comes to leveling up after you start the game for the very first time, my best advice is to look at your engrams and make a target item you want to craft. 
Make that stone ax, get those fiber cloths, work hard for those bola's......if you happen to die along the way, don't worry about it. I know you will want to do everything you can to "get the kit back" But trust me, its actually fairly rewarding to just start makeing everything all over again, and in two weeks, maybe three, you will realize that it was perfectly fine to loose that 10 hide instead of trying to get it back over and over again for an hour

Archived