Ark killed my baby tames

bolosnif

Woke up to find that 5 x baby Rex's 1 x baby giga and 1 x baby mane that I had froze and put in the fridge to sleep miraculously removed themselves from cryo and starved to death. What's weird is 2 of 7 baby Rex's (all lvl 350+) that I had frozen were in my inventory and I was not in my bunk bed where I put myself before signing out. The file shows that I froze 3 baby's at a certain time, then 2 days pass and the baby's start dying of starvation. I'm so confused. Guttered as to say the least. I've lost a lot more to bugs, but this just isn't worth the time and effort!

Note: No, my tribe did not do anything as there are only 3 of us ( mum, my sister and myself) and we all went to be at the same time. 

20220810_090113.jpg

2 hours ago, invision said:

the server crashed after you logged out and when it loaded its last save your animals were still out and not podded. its happened to me before too.

Wow. Thank you, that makes perfect sense. I have experienced this while I was still online so I can piece it together well enough. Will have to start again I suppose.

12 hours ago, bolosnif said:

Wow. Thank you, that makes perfect sense. I have experienced this while I was still online so I can piece it together well enough. Will have to start again I suppose.

You could try submitting a ticket and since this shows up in your tribe log it's possible (maybe) that a GM can do something to help you. You have to decide whether it's worth the trouble of trying.

Rollbacks suck.  There are a couple ways to mitigate losing baby tames to them; always stuff your maewings/troughs full of food first, then put babies out.  When you go to log out after putting babies away, leave your character in a bed until a server save happens, then log off, that way you will know if a crash occured and you will need to hop back on when the server comes back up. Tek gloves are really nice, they will tell you the server save timer when you use the extended HUD (H on PC). 

• 2 months later...
On 8/11/2022 at 3:22 AM, Dreadcthulhu said:

Rollbacks suck.  There are a couple ways to mitigate losing baby tames to them; always stuff your maewings/troughs full of food first, then put babies out.  When you go to log out after putting babies away, leave your character in a bed until a server save happens, then log off, that way you will know if a crash occured and you will need to hop back on when the server comes back up. Tek gloves are really nice, they will tell you the server save timer when you use the extended HUD (H on PC). 

Very helpful, thank you very much. 

Archived