Food drain Daeodon

BetaWolf

Dear beloved community,

The wiki suggests not to level Food on Daeodons as they drain way too much food way too quickly.

But I wonder if 254 wild points and 88 XP points in food will make a difference.

How much food will drain per HP point a dinosaur receives? I can't find any info about it.

8CpZF1X.png

LEfIyDZ.png

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Bèta Wolf

4 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

I leveled food in mine and TBH it takes a while to drain, not like 5 minutes but you get like 50k food and it can last a min or two I think.

When you mutation-breed a Daeodon, you can reach up to 892,584 food. If a lot of food is still useful (if it doesn't drain 100K's in a few seconds), they could be very useful in online raid defences/offences (and of course during bossfights ~ instead of after all the fighting is done).

Imagine following situation:

• 30 tamed creatures with max. HP of minimum 80,000

• They are heavily wounded

The Daeodon will passively heal all of those creatures for 400 HP/s. In total that's 12,000 HP/S. How much food will get drained per second?

9 minutes ago, alex4401 said:

12000 food for each second - so 360000 in one "pulse".

😱

The wiki says the Daeodon only needs more than 100 food to initiate the healing pulse. Could it be better than to breed a Daeodon with 0 Food stats and put all levels in weight and HP and stuff the Daedon's inventory with tons of food? Does it take long for the Daeodon to get more than 125 food on its own?

Is it gonna be more or equally useful to use a 0 Food Daeodon compared to one with 254 wild stats and 88 XP levels in Food?

EDIT: oops, didn't see your other post above (thnx for the amazingly fast reply btw). 

17 minutes ago, alex4401 said:

Ran some tests and data mined the pig a little, and added the notes to wiki: https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Daeodon#Abilities. Take them with a grain of salt - it's 4am here, and the healing logic is kind of twisted. The bulletpoints (well, my writing) probably aren't the easiest to go through.

Amazing you're doing this so fast! ❤️

You're really making me very happy with adding the info I wanted to see on the wiki so fast. 🥰

@alex4401 Is the following still correct?

Give your Daeodon just enough food to increase its food points above 100 in order to trigger a healing wave. Each healing wave will restore a few thousands health points for all your nearby dinos (might depend on your dinos total health points), and drain the Daeodon food point completely. Feed your Daeodon again after each healing wave, just enough to get its food points above 100.

How many seconds is 1 wave (is wave same as pulse?)?

And if you don't force feed it, how much time does it take for a Daeodon to eat sufficiently itself (what's its eating interval?)

On 8/3/2022 at 9:10 PM, BetaWolf said:

And if you don't force feed it, how much time does it take for a Daeodon to eat sufficiently itself (what's its eating interval?)

if u derender and render it when it has food in its inventory, it will eat until its food is max or there is no food left in it instantly.

what they just said ^.

nobody probably has bothered to answer this question because we just port them to a remote spot, leave and come back.  Bam full.   so I'd say if u have a Daedon with 1,000,000% Food and 300 stacks of cooked meat at 25 food per unit of cooked meat, that's 300x50x25 is the answer to how much you can heal in 5 seconds. 

So it would take 15 seconds to heal this pig to full if you had 900 stacks of cooked meat ready to go.

Archived